PILOT WILL NOT LIGHT OR REMAIN LIT
1. Non-functioning igniter . . . . 1. Replace igniter pilot assembly
2. Thermopile connection loose . . . . 2. Seat connector firmly in socket
3. Air in gas line . . . . 3. Bleed the air from the gas line
4. Proper Lighting Sequence not followed.. . . . . . 4. Do not attempt to relight if the red light is lit
Gas Control / Temperature Knob was not held in for sufficient time. . .and the pilot flame is not visible through the view port.
Wait until the red light is no longer lit, then follow lighting instructions on the water heater.
5. Low gas pressure. . . . 5. Check with gas utility company
6. No gas . . . . . 6. Check with gas utility company
7. Dirt in gas lines. . . . 7. Notify utility-install dirt trap in gas line
8. Cold drafts. . . . 8. Locate source and correct
PILOT WILL NOT LIGHT OR REMAIN LIT (continued)
9. ECO switch open . . . . 9. Replace gas control valve/thermostat
10. Pilot line or orifice clogged . . . . 10. Clean, locate source and correct
11. Non-functioning thermopile . . . . 11. Replace thermopile
12. Air for combustion obstructed . . . . 12. See maintenance section for inspection and cleaning of flame trap
13. Flammable vapors incident, Flame Lock® function utilized . . . . 13. Replace water heater, eliminate flammable vapors source. Call 1-877-817-6750.
Whirlpool Water Heater
Installation Instructions and Use & Care Guide