Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Needed. Instruction Sheet. Drain Pan Heater Kit for Viking Refrigerators G50911853

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 danramos

danramos

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 03:18 PM

I own a DFSB423 Viking refrigerator which I believe has a Drain Pan Heater Kit installed. This supposedly helps to accelerate water evaporation from the drain pan. Mine needs to be emptied like one or two times a month. In the past, tt only needed to be emptied like once a year. I should have a problem with either the defrost system in the refrigerator or a malfunctioning drain pan heater. My refrigerator also has a 24V DC "service fan" (or maybe an fan that helps evaporate the water from the drain pan) underneath the fridge that is disconnected. I am not sure if the previous house owners (the refrigerator came with the house) had this drain pan heater kit installed and had the service fan disconnected as per the drain pan heater kit instructions. I don't have the instructions so I can't really tell. 

So, if by any chance, you have the installation instructions for the Drain Pan Heater Kit part number G50911853, would you be kind enough to scan them and post them here or send them in a private msg?

Thank you very much.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 638 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 07 October 2013 - 05:12 PM

You need to reconnect that fan, even with the heater, the pan will still overflow without the fan.
"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results is insane"
"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#3 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 07 October 2013 - 06:10 PM

most of the time this fan is disconnected because it got noisy (it should have just been replaced)

expect to get a 3 am wake up call from the fan motor

I don't know how but these things always know when it's 3 am

SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING , I FIX GREAT , I DON'T SPELL WELL

#4 danramos

danramos

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 03:04 PM

I think I finally solved my problem. Found the Drain Pan Heater Kit Instruction Sheet and verified all connections were right. Bought an axial dc fan part number 004551-000 and replaced the old one. Found that the old one was disconnected because it was shorted out with the bracket mounting screw probably from factory. Once I removed the old fan, I fixed the cable and connected to a 24 dc source and it worked fine, so now I have a spare dc fan. The drain pan seems to be holding off fine. Haven't had to empty it in about 3 weeks. But I also can tell that the frost build up in the top of the freezer is gone. I did however, replaced the high voltage board prior to all the above as suggested in this threat: http://applianceguru...rum1/26676.html . There is a small amount of condensation in the fridge side near the "fresh food DC fan" but I believe is related to the door gasket which did not pass the dollar bill test.  Hope this help to others looking for similar issues.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics