Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Marni Hay-Swart

Kenmore 11066742500 won't heat

9 posts in this topic

Lost heat after drying a chenille blanket that lost all its "stuff" into the dryer vent.  Woops...

Just replaced the thermal fuse and it still has no heat. Already checked the breaker and cleaned out the vent both in the unit, to the wall and at the exterior vent.

What should I try next? I was thinking of ordering the thermal cut out fuse kit

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Does the Timer advance in both the Timed Dry and the Auto-Dry cycles ?

Get yourself a cheap meter and check for continuity on your other themostats as well as the heater elements.  the small thermostat on the top of the element housing often goes bad as well.  Make sure you are getting power to the element. you should be able to put the meter on the contacts of the heating element and check for 220vlts.  without a meter you will just end up buying parts until you get the right one.  I'd say that thermo kit you want to order is a good possibility but it could also be any one of the others or a burnt wire or a bad element. Good luck

Thank you! Well, the thermal fuse wasn't it after all - the tester was just out of batteries!  My husband checked all the other connections (apparently he doesn't trust me anymore..).  All the thermostats had connectivity but he did find a broken wire in one of the heating element coils.

good for you. did you also check for 220vlts at the heating element contacts.  Just a precaution.  Chances are if you replace the element you should be good to go.

Nice tip on that timer test.  I never new that.  Thanks

Nice tip on that timer test.  I never new that.  Thanks

some models,

depends on how the Timer is wired

some models use 120v Timers,

with or without a resistor

(depending on the circuit)

some use 220v Timers

Thanks