Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Monogram fridge/freezer, Thermador professional convection oven, Amana commercial clothes dryer all break on same day?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CrystaLee

CrystaLee

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:raspberry margaritas

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:19 PM

I have a GE Monogram piece of shit fridge/freezer that stopped getting cold completely, a Thermador 304 Professional Convection oven that I love, and an Amana Commercial clothes dryer that all stopped working on the same day.  First of all, I am a chick homeowner that whose house repairs are on me; therefore, I am learning as I go.  Don't know what I am doing but willing to learn. Anywho,  first of all my question is could there have been a power surge that made all my appliances go out on the same day?  It just seems to me a bit odd.  They are all doing the same thing basically, the dryer and oven won't get hot (note: my broiler works and the burners work on the Thermador, the blue light comes on--when I turn my oven on it starts and sounds normal just does not get hot)  the dryer tumbles and does not get hot; the fridge/freezer does not get cold.  These are not cheap fixes (esp. the piece of shit Monogram fridge). Could someone please help me know what direction to go.  I am afraid there may be an underlying problem that made all these things do this on the same day.  Any help would be greatly appreciated.  I feel like I need to get a damn loan to pay for all these fixes. I do plan to take my GE MONOGRAM to the desert to shoot at it with my Bersa .380.  Thanks,

Crysta

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 CrystaLee

CrystaLee

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:raspberry margaritas

Posted 08 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

Oh and to the Host of this site who would spill his entrails onto my floor---I would offer to cook them in my Thermador but seeing as though it does not work I will eat them raw. K!  :D

#3 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 08 October 2013 - 06:11 PM

It's possible your main breaker has tripped but only one of the phases. Try resetting it by turning off and on a few times. Unlikely this was the cause but, it is a very cheap and easy fix to check! Also try resetting the breakers for the range and for the dryer too.

If this doesn't work, you probably had a good surge to your home. Which would be worth your time to contact your utility about the repairs needed, ie they may cover the cost.

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,776 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

Crysta, I concur with Brother micabay.  It does sound like a voltage/power surge issue.  Try resetting the main breaker.  Sometimes turning off the dedicated breakers to each affected appliance for 5 minutes then re-energize.  This may reset the main control boards in the refrigerator and oven.  The voltage is easily checked at the dryer cord electrical outlet.  Should have a combined voltage reading of 220-240 volts.

Also post the complete model numbers of all affected units to help with diagnosis.

(Sometimes if you just show the refrigerator the Bersa .380, you'll scare it to death and it will start working just fine.  It's a technical thing.)

#5 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 09 October 2013 - 09:31 AM

Model numbers would help......... :thumbsup: .....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics