Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Royce59nh

Whirlpool WTW5700XW0 will not spin

4 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool WTW5700XW0 that will not spin. At first I had a light indicating the lid lock so I replaced that. The light is gone and I still can't get the washer to spin. I have tried putting the washer in diagnostics mode and I’m unable to do so. I have noticed that the bulk item light is not working. The drum moves freely, I have checked the motor and belt they also both move freely.

Thank you!

Royce

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Sounds like a bad electronic control.

Ouch, I read that in another forum but wasn’t directly related to the spin.  Could a control board really stop the spin cycle?

Does it wash and then won't spin, or are you using the spin to get some result. not being able to get in to dignostics indicates control problem. be sure to check close all connections, look for burnt spots. Find all fuses if they are on it. Someone more knowlageble with print will be able to direct you. I had a customer who was told she had a bad motor, there was a connector not on the board snug, worked great after that. some units have a seperate control key pad infront of the board, the key pad or ribbion may be the problem, dead button.