Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool WTW5700XW0 will not spin

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 Royce59nh

Royce59nh

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:shipyard

Posted 08 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

I have a Whirlpool WTW5700XW0 that will not spin. At first I had a light indicating the lid lock so I replaced that. The light is gone and I still can't get the washer to spin. I have tried putting the washer in diagnostics mode and I’m unable to do so. I have noticed that the bulk item light is not working. The drum moves freely, I have checked the motor and belt they also both move freely.

Thank you!

Royce

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:13 PM

Sounds like a bad electronic control.

Scott Wolf

#3 Royce59nh

Royce59nh

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:shipyard

Posted 08 October 2013 - 08:39 PM

Ouch, I read that in another forum but wasn’t directly related to the spin.  Could a control board really stop the spin cycle?

#4 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 08 October 2013 - 09:48 PM

Does it wash and then won't spin, or are you using the spin to get some result. not being able to get in to dignostics indicates control problem. be sure to check close all connections, look for burnt spots. Find all fuses if they are on it. Someone more knowlageble with print will be able to direct you. I had a customer who was told she had a bad motor, there was a connector not on the board snug, worked great after that. some units have a seperate control key pad infront of the board, the key pad or ribbion may be the problem, dead button.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics