Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore 106.8682880 Fridge No Ice & Fridge Not very cool

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#21 sparkydm

sparkydm

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 06:00 AM

I think there were 2 things going on. I know that the fan motor was bad. after looking at the door gasket, the lower left has a tear in it. 

Someone mentioned on a video about spills making the gasket stick and then tearing when the door is pulled open. I've replaced the

fan so, now I'll start looking for a door gasket. Thank you!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 sparkydm

sparkydm

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

I had both problems, A fan motor not working and bad door gaskets. Changed the fan, cooling great now. Picked up both door gaskets and getting ready to change those 

today also.  Thanks. 

#23 sparkydm

sparkydm

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:21 PM

Fridge/Freezer working now. Installed new gasket a few days ago. 3 of the freezer door corners are about 3/4" from the freezer. The lower left is

about 1 1/16" from the freezer face.  The gasket screws are all snug. There's a little ice starting to form along the top forward section of the freezer.

As if moisture is getting in. I've attached photo links to show the difference in the corners.

3 corners, upper left & right, and the lower right of the door are are about this distance from the freezer door face.

http://s908.photobuc...html?sort=3&o=0  

1 corner, the lower left, is about 1 1/16" away from the freezer face and isn't sealing properly. It was further away but, sealing when installed

last week. 

http://s908.photobuc...html?sort=3&o=1  

Any ideas on what would cause the door not to be square? The door gasket is new with no tears/rips. I bought it from Repairclinic.com . 

#24 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:50 PM

loosen all the screws a little bit , not real loose but a little , this will keep the liner from cracking

hold the bottom of the door closed , and pull the top open a little bit until the door is correct

snug up each screw on each side of each corner , this is a total of 8 screws , recheck the door , if still good snug up all the rest of the screws

the reason i use the word "snug" is you don't crank down on these screws like you might think , as the liners age , they crack real easy , so be careful , with a light touch

SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING , I FIX GREAT , I DON'T SPELL WELL

#25 sparkydm

sparkydm

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:40 AM

I'll let you know. Sounds like it should work! TKS!

#26 sparkydm

sparkydm

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

Applied the "Kata" suggested by Cactus Bob and I've posted a picture of the results. Thank you "Sublime Master"!   :woot:

http://s908.photobuc...html?sort=3&o=0

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics