Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch AXXIS WAT4400US/01 shrieks like a banshee

drum bearing squealing

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 smithian

smithian

Unsui

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:19 AM

I have a Bosch WTA4400 that is 6 years old and has just started making the most insane screaming/squealing noise during operation.  After taking the covers off and moving the drum, the sound seems to be coming from the rear drum bearing area.  Does this need to be replaced or can it be lubricated and/or serviced in some way?  I've seen conflicting advice.

Does anyone have the service manual for this dryer?  I have the exploded diagrams from the website, but am leery of taking the whole thing apart without some guide.

TIA

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,805 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 October 2013 - 08:22 AM

Does sound like a bad drum bearing.  The bearing is sold separately: http://www.repaircli...er=WTA4400US/01

but I've not had the pleasure of enjoying this particular repair odyssey.  

Some literature for your reading entertainment:

http://appliantology...service-manual/

http://appliantology...g-presentation/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics