Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

MAYTAG DRYER DG312 IGNITER SHORT?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 OPELGENT

OPELGENT

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:dos equis

Posted 10 October 2013 - 11:10 AM

With the dryer plugged in, but not running, if i touch the igniter there is a small tingle to my fingers.

I unplugged the dryer & took the igniter out & unplugged it from the plugin, checked the igniter for continuity & there was none, i checked the pluggin for power & there was a very small amount, does this mean i have another problem other than just a bad igniter. Thanks, Tom.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 10 October 2013 - 01:24 PM

... With the dryer plugged in, but not running, if i touch the igniter there is a small tingle to my fingers

... checked the igniter for continuity & there was none,

1) that may be "normal"

2) Ignitor may read about 400 OHMs

I can't find a wiring diagram for that model
unless you have one you could scan & upload somewhere
then post the link here

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 bigbuck

bigbuck

Sōhei

• Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 236 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Red Wine

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:08 PM

check the sensor for continuity.http://www.repaircli...delNumber=DG312

#4 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,379 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 14 October 2013 - 06:50 AM

I checked the pluggin for power & there was a very small amount, does this mean i have another problem other than just a bad igniter. Thanks, Tom.

Are you referring to the supply voltage in the wall outlet?

#5 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 14 October 2013 - 09:08 AM

I hope you know not to put fingers on the ignitor as the oil from your fingers could cause it to short out.  If the dryer was lighting pryer to your investigation then I would replace the open ignitor.  The chances of it being the problem are very high.  I think with the dryer plugged in and the timer on but the dryer not running, it is possible to get a tingle out of the ignitor connection.  I would check for the click at the burner solenoid when you turn it on with the selector switch on heat and if you get the click then check for 110 where the ignitor plugs in to the burner.  If all that checks out, replace the ignitor being careful not to put fingers on it. If you get nothing while trying to check this then check the black box sensor on the burner flue for continuity.  Good luck

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics