Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

OPELGENT

MAYTAG DRYER DG312 IGNITER SHORT?

5 posts in this topic

With the dryer plugged in, but not running, if i touch the igniter there is a small tingle to my fingers.

I unplugged the dryer & took the igniter out & unplugged it from the plugin, checked the igniter for continuity & there was none, i checked the pluggin for power & there was a very small amount, does this mean i have another problem other than just a bad igniter. Thanks, Tom.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

... With the dryer plugged in, but not running, if i touch the igniter there is a small tingle to my fingers

... checked the igniter for continuity & there was none,

1) that may be "normal"

2) Ignitor may read about 400 OHMs

I can't find a wiring diagram for that model

unless you have one you could scan & upload somewhere

then post the link here

I checked the pluggin for power & there was a very small amount, does this mean i have another problem other than just a bad igniter. Thanks, Tom.

Are you referring to the supply voltage in the wall outlet?

I hope you know not to put fingers on the ignitor as the oil from your fingers could cause it to short out.  If the dryer was lighting pryer to your investigation then I would replace the open ignitor.  The chances of it being the problem are very high.  I think with the dryer plugged in and the timer on but the dryer not running, it is possible to get a tingle out of the ignitor connection.  I would check for the click at the burner solenoid when you turn it on with the selector switch on heat and if you get the click then check for 110 where the ignitor plugs in to the burner.  If all that checks out, replace the ignitor being careful not to put fingers on it. If you get nothing while trying to check this then check the black box sensor on the burner flue for continuity.  Good luck