Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Fitting Maytag Bravos Gas Dryer through narrow door

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 JWD

JWD

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:09 AM

I need to get a Maytag Bravos gas dryer through a narrow door. It's going to be a tight fit. I'm comfortable taking appliances panels apart and putting them back together.

Does anyone happen to know what the depth of the dryer would be if I can remove the back and front panels? Or have any other suggestions?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 JWD

JWD

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 11:26 AM

Forgot to add. The opening is 27 1/4" wide. Can get it to just over 28" if I remove the door stops which I'm hoping I avoid.

It's not here yet so I can't measure but the front panel and real panel look pretty thick. If I remove the front, back and drum do you think I can get the depth 3" narrower to make it fit?

#3 JWD

JWD

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 03:19 PM

FYI it's about 26" from front to back with the front cover removed but those little extensions on the top I couldn't do anything about. There was enough clearance where I could pivot those extensions around the door frame. Needed to remove the black plastic base as well. Some of the screws were difficult to get to so I had to remove the drum as well. That made it more time consuming but it made it easier to carry :)

Putting it back together was a snap after taking apart and putting together my old dryer while trying to repair it.

#4 jumptrout

jumptrout

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,372 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coors Light

Posted 12 October 2013 - 07:13 AM

Model number?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics