Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
rmfritchey

GE Profile Harmony Washer makes a moaning or groaning noise

8 posts in this topic

Our GE Profile Harmony Washer make s a moaning or groaning noise when it is filling up and then sometimes when it is washing. I think it has to do with when the center of the tub turns to "whish" the clothes around. It seems to still wash ok and has no errors or ill effects other than this horriable noise. It is a model number WPGT9350c0pl. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rob

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I should add also that my wife now tells me that is has been having a sqeaking noise for a few months. She said it sounded like a bird in there. lol This was when washing not spinning. It has always been very loud when spinning...sounds like an airplane taking off.

Find a diagram and take the central 'Whooshing thing' out. Probably have a dime stuck between it and the recess it fits into. I've had two of these so far.

OK i'll check for that.

I took the agitator out last night and didn't find anything stuck in there other than a lot of gunk. I cleaned everything up and scraped up the stuff. Some of it was hard and crusted (YUCK) and put it back together. It seems much better now. Still a little noisey when it is Load Sensing. Which I found out is when the agitator turns separate from the tub. That seems to be when the noise was happening. It does not make that horriable groaning noise now. We have done 2 loads with no groaning noise. If the noise comes back I figure there is a bearing out down in there somewhere?

Thanks for the help! I'll keep an eye on it. I have the service manual downloaded now too.

Rob

Well, as I figured...the noise is back and much worse than before. In fact, I told my wife not to use it for now. I am thinking that is the mechanical bearing plate? The noise is when the agitator turns separate from the tub. Like load sensing and then later when washing. It does NOT make this noise when spinning. What are you all's thoughts on this? I found a serivce manual and downloaded it the otherday figuring my troubles were not over.

Rob

Any ideas? I don't know what to do. I wonder if I should order that bearing plate thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

It is pretty usual to not get much help on this site but I finally just ordered the mechanical bearing plate and installed it last night using a manual I downloaded from somewhere online. It fixed my problem and now the machine is soooo much quieter. We didn't realize how loud it had became. I just wanted to post this fix for others with the same groaning or growling noice. The bearing in that old plate is OUT. It sounds horriable if you turn it with your hand.

Rob