Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE Profile Harmony Washer makes a moaning or groaning noise

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 rmfritchey

rmfritchey

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 10:43 AM

Our GE Profile Harmony Washer make s a moaning or groaning noise when it is filling up and then sometimes when it is washing. I think it has to do with when the center of the tub turns to "whish" the clothes around. It seems to still wash ok and has no errors or ill effects other than this horriable noise. It is a model number WPGT9350c0pl. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Rob

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 rmfritchey

rmfritchey

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 11 October 2013 - 02:35 PM

I should add also that my wife now tells me that is has been having a sqeaking noise for a few months. She said it sounded like a bird in there. lol This was when washing not spinning. It has always been very loud when spinning...sounds like an airplane taking off.

#3 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 359 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 11 October 2013 - 07:57 PM

Find a diagram and take the central 'Whooshing thing' out. Probably have a dime stuck between it and the recess it fits into. I've had two of these so far.

#4 rmfritchey

rmfritchey

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 07:32 PM

OK i'll check for that.

#5 rmfritchey

rmfritchey

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:21 AM

I took the agitator out last night and didn't find anything stuck in there other than a lot of gunk. I cleaned everything up and scraped up the stuff. Some of it was hard and crusted (YUCK) and put it back together. It seems much better now. Still a little noisey when it is Load Sensing. Which I found out is when the agitator turns separate from the tub. That seems to be when the noise was happening. It does not make that horriable groaning noise now. We have done 2 loads with no groaning noise. If the noise comes back I figure there is a bearing out down in there somewhere?

Thanks for the help! I'll keep an eye on it. I have the service manual downloaded now too.

Rob

#6 rmfritchey

rmfritchey

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 22 October 2013 - 03:46 PM

Well, as I figured...the noise is back and much worse than before. In fact, I told my wife not to use it for now. I am thinking that is the mechanical bearing plate? The noise is when the agitator turns separate from the tub. Like load sensing and then later when washing. It does NOT make this noise when spinning. What are you all's thoughts on this? I found a serivce manual and downloaded it the otherday figuring my troubles were not over.

Rob

#7 rmfritchey

rmfritchey

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:06 PM

Any ideas? I don't know what to do. I wonder if I should order that bearing plate thing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Rob

#8 rmfritchey

rmfritchey

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts

Posted 29 October 2013 - 09:42 AM

It is pretty usual to not get much help on this site but I finally just ordered the mechanical bearing plate and installed it last night using a manual I downloaded from somewhere online. It fixed my problem and now the machine is soooo much quieter. We didn't realize how loud it had became. I just wanted to post this fix for others with the same groaning or growling noice. The bearing in that old plate is OUT. It sounds horriable if you turn it with your hand.

Rob

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics