Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Bosch Dishwasher E34 error, won't cycle unless I vacuum sump

drain humidity sensor Bosch dishwasher

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 mcrafarm

mcrafarm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Deschutes Mirror Pond Ale

Posted 12 October 2013 - 01:56 PM

I've replaced the drain motor and air gap.  Checked the drain hose for blocks/kinks, tested overflow, raised drain hose loop on the way to the air gap as high as it goes.  Hose from air gap to disposal is clear, plug in disposal inlet removed.  If I shop-vac water out of the sump, making a seal by wrapping a rag around the hose, it will run one cycle.

I *discovered* the HUMIDITY SENSOR above the drain in the sump.  Can anyone tell me if this is part of the drain or startup cycle?  The thing costs $15, so I'll replace it on principal if it's involved. Otherwise, I'm running out of the cheap stuff and face trying a new control module -- not so cheap.

One last thing, which I'll try now, does there need to be another drop in the drain hose between the high point and the air gap?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 12 October 2013 - 02:16 PM

model number ?

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 mcrafarm

mcrafarm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 02:19 PM

yeah.   SHE6AF06UC/05  The day job finally quieted enough for this, and I'm plenty sick of vacuuming out the sump to get it to work! Please read initial post for description.

#4 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Maxwell House > Black Crown > Crown Royal with Ginger Ale

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:30 PM

I'm not aware of an E34 but an E24 points to a problem with the drai pump or circuit board according to the service manual. But the service manual is wrong.
If it does it at the very beginning of the wash cycle it's most likely a bad wash motor, even though the motor runs fine once you get it to run. The is weak causing excessive current and the board throws the error.
I had two of them about a month ago that threw me for a loop. I spoke with BSH service department and they told me the manuals and tech sheets were wrong.
The error could be the drain motor or the wash motor.
Again this is for an E24.

"Suds are not good"
"They write directions for a reason"
"Make sure you're using it right before you say it's not working correctly"
"If if has a Diagnostic Test Cycle, Run it before and after you fix it!"
"Doing the same thing over and over again is insane"

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#5 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,928 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 November 2013 - 03:46 PM

The error could be the drain motor or the wash motor.
Again this is for an E24.

Pray it's the drain motor.  Very easy to replace.  At least worth trying-- if it doesn't work, return it for a refund:  http://www.repaircli...0611332/1557816

#6 mcrafarm

mcrafarm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

Thanks to Spannerwrench and FermentedGM. You're both right, it's error E24.  But I'm still a bit confused: if it is the wash motor, why would it work after vacuuming the sump?   As for the circuit board, you're referring to what's in the rear to one side of the cabinet, at the bottom, and NOT the control panel?

#7 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 04 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

If you're getting the E24, 90% of the time if you open the door it will bypass the error and continue to run.

"Suds are not good"

"For every complex problem there is an answer that is clear, simple, and wrong."

#8 acadiel

acadiel

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 09:26 PM

What do you mean, "bypass the error and continue to run" - I usually still see the E24 if I open it and close it back :)

I'm only able to get mine to run at this point in the customer service test mode (which it exits with 0).  I guess it's time to try a drain pump....

#9 mcrafarm

mcrafarm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

The plot thickens here.  Yesterday upon further tinkering I got E:24,  E:01 and E:25 at different times.  I'm beginning to think there's a circuit board issue, but I'm on the brink of calling the factory service people.

#10 Spannerwrench

Spannerwrench

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 518 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 03:13 PM

E:25 drain pump error (could also be wash pump), same error as the E:25.

Taken from the service manual.
Opening and closing the door bypasses the E:24 error
code, allowing the dishwasher to continue in the wash cycle
(unless it is reset).

"Suds are not good"

#11 mcrafarm

mcrafarm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 24 January 2014 - 05:59 PM

Anyone know what E32 means on a Bosch SHE06AF06UC/05 dishwasher?  I'm back to the dishwasher after the holidays and being tired of washing dishes by hand.  I have essentially re-installed the thing by the instructions.  If I try a normal cycle it still posts E24.  However, I've figured out how to run the Customer Service Program, which runs all the way through, with everything apparently functioning, including draining.  At a few points in the CDustomer Service Program, it posts E32 for a minute, then it moves to the next test.  Anyone know what E32 means on a Bosch SHE06AF06UC/05 dishwasher?

#12 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,394 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 11:18 AM

" Reinstalled the thing by the instructions".....What thing???........................... replaced the drain pump????

#13 mcrafarm

mcrafarm

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 25 January 2014 - 01:59 PM

Earlier in the thread, I explained that I replaced the drain pump.  Yesterday I reinstalled the dishwasher by the instructions.  Again, the Customer Service Program runs completely, cleans and drains, but in the course of the run puts up E32 intermittently.  Bosch told me the E32 is an overload of the drain pump circuit.  Starting any user cycle fails with an E24 code.  I've ordered a backflow valve.  Are you suggesting I should remove and reinstall the drain pump?

#14 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,928 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 25 January 2014 - 03:58 PM

The error codes you are seeing all point to a problem with the drain system. Either the drain pump is bad or intermittently bad or there is a blockage in the drain hose. Remove the drain hose from the drain pump and blow through it to see if it's clear. If the drain hoses clear, then replace the drain pump:  http://www.repaircli...0611332/1557816

Comes with a 365-day, no-hassle Return Policy:  http://www.repaircli...r/Return-Policy

Here is the service manual for your dishwasher with all of the error codes and their meanings:  http://appliantology...nta-dishwasher/

You will need to upgrade your membership to download it:  http://apprentice.appliantology.org/

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: drain, humidity sensor, Bosch, dishwasher

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics