I bought a craigslist Kenmore Elite dryer today and when I plugged it in there where fireworks from the terminal block. I unplugged and removed the cover to discover the red wire completely fried through (the screw was soddered to the terminal block cover). It was bent out and I think it may have been in contact with the cover. There are also char marks where the ground wire connects.
Did I kill it?
This is my first time posting here and first attempt at fixing a dryer... first time owning a dryer actually. Any and all help would be great.