Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

tigergirl2000

Whirlpool W10200828B Washer making NOISE and leaving black marks!

2 posts in this topic

I have a Whirlpool W103200828B top-loading washer. A couple of months ago, I noticed that I'd occasionally find some little lump of black or crumbly metallic something on an item of clothing, or maybe a mark (which would wash off). Yesterday, the cursed thing started making a horrendously loud noise spinning (it has ALWAYS been loud, though), and half a dozen or so items of clothing have numerous black marks on them. This stupid machine is only four years old! Do I already need a new one???? Or is this something that can be fixed (for less than the $400 the thing cost!) THANKS!!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I have a Whirlpool W10200828B top-loading washer. A couple of months ago, I noticed that I'd occasionally find some little lump of black or crumbly metallic something on an item of clothing, or maybe a mark (which would wash off). Yesterday, the cursed thing started making a horrendously loud noise spinning (it has ALWAYS been loud, though), and half a dozen or so items of clothing have numerous black marks on them. This stupid machine is only four years old! Do I already need a new one???? Or is this something that can be fixed (for less than the $400 the thing cost!) THANKS!!!

The model number is actuallyWTW57ESV, I think! The other number was on my manual, but the tag that came on the machine is WTW57ESV.