Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
mrpatten

Wirlpool ice maker

4 posts in this topic

A couple a weeks ago I submitted a request for help on a Whirlpool water and ice maker problem under the name of whackiest general patten. I went ahead and purchased and replaced the defective icemaker and water dispenser valve. The refrigerator now dispenses water but does not make ice. Water does not flow from the the tube located above the ice maker assembly. Is there a water line filter for the ice maker and where is it located. Or am i looking at another problem with the ice maker. Thanks for your input.

Mike

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Hello, my wackiest friend.  Have you allowed at least 12 hours after installing the new icemaker for it to begin making ice?  Yes, it can take up to 12 hours for the icemaker's internal thermostat to reach 17 of your Ameedican Fahrenheit degrees before the icemaker can make ice. 

If yes to the above, have you removed the fill spout to ensure that an ice plug is not preventing water flow?  I caution you not to skimp on this test as many a grasshopper with an untrained eye have deluded themselves into thinking the fill tube is clear when, in fact, it is as plugged up as a cheese-fed yak.

Mike,  pull the cover off the front of the ice maker and using a jumper wire jump V to L.  This will activate the water valve and water should fill.  You should be able to hear the valve calling for water.  If you jump T&H this will cycle the whole program.  It's possible you didn't have the water line primed...I believe the Samurai has some good

pages available on these ice-makers...Ron

Good advice from both Moostafa and Ron. Thanks, dudes!