Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Kenmore oven door lock

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Lurker_Cheri_*

Lurker_Cheri_*
  • Lurking at the Threshold

Posted 08 May 2005 - 07:05 AM

this morning I wen to push the self clean button on my flat range so that the oven could begin cleaning. However, I noticed the door to the oven was not locked, shich seemed odd to me. Then I opened it, and as I did this the door lock sprung out, andnow my oven door lock is out, the light on the range is blinking door open, and the oven controls wont work with the door jarred open. Is there a way that I can get the door lock to go back in?

Thank you,

Cheri

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Lurker_Cheri_*

Lurker_Cheri_*

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:07 PM

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I was drying out my bras in the oven when the door lock failed.  Hope that helps!

Cheri

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,927 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 08 May 2005 - 12:15 PM

Ok, aside from needing your model number to tell you anything meaningful, I'm a little confused as to why you were baking your bras in your oven at self-clean temps?  Self clean gets up to 900F in some ovens.  It's fortuitous that your door lock broke because, had you succeeded with your half-baked plan, you'd have started a fire inside your oven.

#4 FatMan

FatMan

Sōhei

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 233 posts

Posted 09 May 2005 - 04:32 AM

[user=0]:ufo:Cheri[/user] wrote:

Oh, and I forgot to mention that I was drying out my bras in the oven when the door lock failed.  Hope that helps!

Cheri

Beam me up Scotty, I'm losing it. I have apaininthesideis:touched:

#5 Lurker_Kevin_*

Lurker_Kevin_*

Posted 09 May 2005 - 08:23 AM

There must be something in the air..... Minus the "bras" I did exactly the same thing this morning. MODEL Number 911-4742594.  Lock light is flashing and the lock mechanism is deployed: door unable to close as a result. Please advise. Many Thanks!  Kevin - Durham,NC

#6 Kevin

Kevin

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 May 2005 - 10:28 AM

Hey Cheri: Just a shot in the dark....but it worked for me....press and hold-in the switch that turns the light on/off  and the locking motor (or whatever it's called) should reset itself.  I discover this after I disconnected the "locking arm" from the motor and was able to close the door.  Let me know.

Kevin :D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics