Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Whirlpool Dryer Motor Problem

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 paulhurm

paulhurm

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 04:32 PM

I have a Whirlpool LEQ9858LWO cloths dryer. The motor is nearly siezed up and is very hard to turn even with wrenches on each end.

I have removed the motor and it is on my bench. I have blown and wiped it as clean as I can get it.

The part info on the motor itself is S58NXMZK-6925. Part number 8538262.

Can this motor possibly just need some lubrication and if so where to you lube and with what weight / type of oil or other lube product?

I'm really hoping to avoid the cost of having to buy a replacement, even used.

TIA for any thoughts and help.

Paul
paulhurm@gmail.com

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 13 October 2013 - 06:56 PM

Nope, a  dryer motor cannot be lubed again, because the bearings are sealed.  You will need to replace it.

That part number subs to part number 279827.

http://www.repaircli...tNumber=8538262

Scott Wolf

#3 paulhurm

paulhurm

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:40 PM

I had kind of reached that conclusion after I looked more closely just a while ago. I didn't see any obvious places to add any kind of lube.

Looks like I will be searching for a replacement.  I know of a couple used parts places locally that I may have some luck.

Thanks for the assistance!

Paul

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics