Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Help with Whirlpool Duet Washer leak betw inlet nozzle & dispenser

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Whirlpooled

Whirlpooled

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:17 PM

I'm hoping for some help from a Whirlpool samurai...

Duet washer is two months shy of 2 years old.  Did many successive loads yesterday and noticed water leak on floor.  Today I removed front and rear panels and saw evidence of a leak that probably existed from day one (some  rust and corrosion on bottom panel, shock, etc on left side, by the shock.)  Removed top panel and ran machine on quick cycle to definitively isolate the leak.  So far, I've got it nailed.

Shortly after machine cycle advances the water distribution lever on top of dispenser to position IV, water starts leaking at the joint between the water distribution plate and the dispenser body, by the retaining clip just above the inlet nozzle.

Examined and disconnected hoses, removed dispenser, and carefully opened dispenser lid.  Everything looks perfectly fine!  At this point, I suspected that the inlet nozzle which was seated in the feed hose,  may not have been fully engaged into the dispenser, causing backspray inside the dispenser when the lever advances to position 4, forcing water to leak out between the dispenser and its lid, right near the inlet nozzle.  Close examination while things were disassembled has shown that the nozzle just barely protrudes into the cavity when fully seated in the dispenser's inlet, so this made sense to me.

Carefully reassembled all, and yep, the leak persists, although not nearly as bad as before.

Any thoughts or suggestions from your experience?  I'm feeling as thought this nozzle is really a bit shorter than it should be, but maybe I'm fixating on the wrong thing. If it were slightly longer, it would protrude a bit further into the cavity and would be less likely to backspray against the seam between lid and dispenser.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 13 October 2013 - 07:21 PM

I've seen hairline cracks in the dispenser tray before.

Scott Wolf

#3 Whirlpooled

Whirlpooled

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 14 October 2013 - 08:54 AM

Hey, thanks for your reply, Scottthewolf!  I appreciate your quick response.  You know, that was one of the things I looked for, but found nothing.  After a few tries, I am certain that it the water is sneaking up and over the interlocking lips of the cover.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics