Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Wild Ride

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 15 October 2013 - 04:43 PM

A picture Brother Reg posted in another forum me of yet another story.  I now humbly present the following "tail" of high adventure.

A few years back I was heading to a service call out west of town.  I had a new guy, a former Sears tech, riding with me for training purposes.  We arrived at the property which was tucked way back in the vast acres of orange groves.  After opening the gate, we drove onto a narrow, dirt road with fences bordering each side.  The house we were heading to was a few hundred yards down the road, so we slowly proceeded.

As we made the first turn of the road, there, standing in the middle of this narrow road, was a huge donkey/mule/jackass.  I slow to a stop to allow the critter to move to the side so we could pass.  Eventually, the mule walks around to the driver's side window and looks right at me.  It was at this point the mule emitted this loud, piercing, sustained "scream".  And I'm not talking about your typical "hee haw" noise.  It was a cross between Tarzan's yell and Godzilla's roar.  He was also shaking his head, showing his teeth, and doing weird things with his tongue.

So my fellow tech and I look at each other and immediately think, "Rabid Donkey!"  I yell "Hi-Yahh!" and floor it.  We still had a way to go to make it to the driveway.  Next thing I know the mule is running right along side of my window, still screaming that godawful Tarzan/Godzilla noise.  I can't go too fast because this road is very narrow and very bumpy.  I've already got tools, parts, and a Sears guy bouncing all over the place.  And then my cell phone rings.  It's one of the girls in the office calling with a question.  I exclaim, "Can't talk right now, being chased by a rabid donkey, Hi Yahh!"

Eventually we make it to the driveway and the donkey stops in his tracks.  We approach the house and the customer opens the door.  I ask, "What's the deal with that crazy mule?"  The customer responds, "Oh, he just thought you were the mailman".  I say, "Ahh, he doesn't like the mailman?"  She responds, "He loves the mailman.  The guy feeds him Pop Tarts".  At that point all became clear.  This critter's not rabid, I think to myself, he just hopped up on sugar (and maybe a little sexually frustrated).

Afterwards we complete the repair, make sure the coast is clear, and leave the property without further incident.  We return to the shop and the girls ask what the hell happened out there.  As I begin to explain I pick up the latest issue of Marcone World magazine and begin thumbing through it.  As I'm completing the story I come across an article about stubborn customers.  And there at the top of the page was a picture of a donkey/mule/jackass.  I yell, "Gimme a f*****g break!" and show the girls the article.  At that time, great laughs were had at my expense.

The following morning I come into the office to find a photocopy of the article posted on the bulletin board with "PDuff's Wild Ride" written at the top in bright red magic marker.  I think it's still hanging there.

Edited by PDuff, 15 October 2013 - 04:44 PM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,082 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

A donkey? You were actually afraid of a donkey? Come on Pduff! Now if you said "rabbit" I'd give you some slack.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,011 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:55 AM

True dat, Durham!  I could probably deal with being molested by killer rabbits, but a sugar-smacked hell mule?  Nope.  Nyet.  Dare I say, "Nay".  That would definitely leave much more than "a mere flesh wound"  And I know.  I've been to Tijuana.

#4 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 5,082 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:03 AM

Then you did best to "run away, run away " especially if your confidence was shook from being "brayed at by a nasty vicious donkey who gave you a mean and vicious look."

Come on admit it, you and your tech buddy must have written those lyrics and made this video... there's just no two ways about it:

btw the clinical name for it is donkalamitphobia (no joke)

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics