Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Where to find washer/dryer hookups for testing?

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Wib

Wib

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:33 PM

Hi, I am looking for a place to test my washers and dryers (I want to repair/resell them part time). I live with my parents and doing it at home is not an option. Therefore I'm on the hunt for an alternative location.

Any idea where else I could find this short of renting a house or apartment? We're 90% gas out here so I need gas hookups for the dryer too.

Thanks

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 07:47 PM

We made our own , for years (when i was a kid) we worked outside in our yard , all of our hokups where just homemade stuff

talk to people you know , you might be able to rent a back room of a storefront somewhere

a lot of small shops never use the back area of there storefront

we had a party supply store in town where the owner converted the back into a small apartment , the town never knew and that went on for years

if we lost our shop i could come up with a dozen places where we could store and work on appliances , you just have to look , start thinking outside the box 

shareing a space is the key to low costs

if your working on appliaces you should be getting to know just about everyone in your area , use these contacts to help you along the way

SORRY ABOUT THE SPELLING , I FIX GREAT , I DON'T SPELL WELL

#3 Wib

Wib

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:01 PM

Thanks! I don't know where to begin to create my own hookups; do you have any resources in mind for that?

#4 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:21 PM

do it yourself or hire a plumber and or an electrician

doing appliance repair on your own will require you to be a jack of all trades if you really want to make any money

working for someone is so easy , you just need to know the one thing (i know i know don't beat me up guys)

in our shop we have people in house that can do everything , plumbing , electric , woodworking and we even repair our own trucks .

we just needed a roof repaired , it broke my heart we could not do it ourselves

if your going to pay someone to run a few pipes and a drain your going to pay up the wing-wang , to just get started .

this is why most appliance repairmen work for someone else , it's hard , rough and costly to be "on your own"

#5 Wib

Wib

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 08:49 PM

Ok, I'll see if there's someone else I can rent space from, thanks.

#6 Cactus Bob

Cactus Bob

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 553 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:05 PM

why don't you let us all know where your from ?

someone here might be right in your home town , all we know about you is your in the USA ......that's a big place

#7 Wib

Wib

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 15 October 2013 - 09:14 PM

Sure :) I'm in Pomona, CA.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics