Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Begin your journey to appliance repair mastery…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Wib

Where to find washer/dryer hookups for testing?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I am looking for a place to test my washers and dryers (I want to repair/resell them part time). I live with my parents and doing it at home is not an option. Therefore I'm on the hunt for an alternative location.

Any idea where else I could find this short of renting a house or apartment? We're 90% gas out here so I need gas hookups for the dryer too.

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

We made our own , for years (when i was a kid) we worked outside in our yard , all of our hokups where just homemade stuff

talk to people you know , you might be able to rent a back room of a storefront somewhere

a lot of small shops never use the back area of there storefront

we had a party supply store in town where the owner converted the back into a small apartment , the town never knew and that went on for years

if we lost our shop i could come up with a dozen places where we could store and work on appliances , you just have to look , start thinking outside the box 

shareing a space is the key to low costs

if your working on appliaces you should be getting to know just about everyone in your area , use these contacts to help you along the way

Thanks! I don't know where to begin to create my own hookups; do you have any resources in mind for that?

do it yourself or hire a plumber and or an electrician

doing appliance repair on your own will require you to be a jack of all trades if you really want to make any money

working for someone is so easy , you just need to know the one thing (i know i know don't beat me up guys)

in our shop we have people in house that can do everything , plumbing , electric , woodworking and we even repair our own trucks .

we just needed a roof repaired , it broke my heart we could not do it ourselves

if your going to pay someone to run a few pipes and a drain your going to pay up the wing-wang , to just get started .

this is why most appliance repairmen work for someone else , it's hard , rough and costly to be "on your own"

Ok, I'll see if there's someone else I can rent space from, thanks.

why don't you let us all know where your from ?

someone here might be right in your home town , all we know about you is your in the USA ......that's a big place