Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Wib

Where to find washer/dryer hookups for testing?

7 posts in this topic

Hi, I am looking for a place to test my washers and dryers (I want to repair/resell them part time). I live with my parents and doing it at home is not an option. Therefore I'm on the hunt for an alternative location.

Any idea where else I could find this short of renting a house or apartment? We're 90% gas out here so I need gas hookups for the dryer too.

Thanks

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

We made our own , for years (when i was a kid) we worked outside in our yard , all of our hokups where just homemade stuff

talk to people you know , you might be able to rent a back room of a storefront somewhere

a lot of small shops never use the back area of there storefront

we had a party supply store in town where the owner converted the back into a small apartment , the town never knew and that went on for years

if we lost our shop i could come up with a dozen places where we could store and work on appliances , you just have to look , start thinking outside the box 

shareing a space is the key to low costs

if your working on appliaces you should be getting to know just about everyone in your area , use these contacts to help you along the way

Thanks! I don't know where to begin to create my own hookups; do you have any resources in mind for that?

do it yourself or hire a plumber and or an electrician

doing appliance repair on your own will require you to be a jack of all trades if you really want to make any money

working for someone is so easy , you just need to know the one thing (i know i know don't beat me up guys)

in our shop we have people in house that can do everything , plumbing , electric , woodworking and we even repair our own trucks .

we just needed a roof repaired , it broke my heart we could not do it ourselves

if your going to pay someone to run a few pipes and a drain your going to pay up the wing-wang , to just get started .

this is why most appliance repairmen work for someone else , it's hard , rough and costly to be "on your own"

Ok, I'll see if there's someone else I can rent space from, thanks.

why don't you let us all know where your from ?

someone here might be right in your home town , all we know about you is your in the USA ......that's a big place