Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore Topload Washer 110.27731600

700 series loud noises out of balance

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 15 October 2013 - 11:07 PM

I was called for this washer repair as machine is dead, no agitate or fill. Got machine to work no problem.

Problem is this washer wobbles violently in spin cycle with no load.  The motor has a abnormal vibration not felt in transmission only on motor housing,  drain hose from tub has excessive vibrations, & drain pump has minor vibrations.   As basket spins there is a definite wamp every 2nd revolution.  Put a medium load in & as it agitated there is a clunk at each stroke.  Tub also leans back like a spring is broke.   Machine is 6 years old.

It was late this evening so I did not pull the tub to look at the drive block.  Had the cabinet off so I took pump and motor off to check coupler which looked almost new.  Spun motor by hand & it sounds possibly that a bearing is worn.  Checked pump did not see anything out of ordinary.  Checked springs  all there with no extreme wear.

The owner is a pest, no-it-all,  did not mention any thing about vibrations & out of balance, only dead machine & thinking transmission stuck in gear because he could not rotate agitator.  I was thinking lid switch that is why I stopped so late coming home.  Otherwise I would have scheduled for a later date.  

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,087 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 16 October 2013 - 10:10 AM

Are the glide pads in good condition? I have never seen a motor with bad bearing make a machine bounce. I replace a ton of the glide pads for out of balance issues.
Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,462 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:02 AM

Never done glide pads before.   Going to be difficult to check cause of restricted space in Laundry? room.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#4 electro_doc

electro_doc

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 923 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:orange juice

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:16 AM

Are the glide pads in good condition? I have never seen a motor with bad bearing make a machine bounce. I replace a ton of the glide pads for out of balance issues.

are you talking about the snubber pads? Sounds to me like it could be the tub bearings. Check the tub to see if it wobbles when you grab it on each side and alternately pull up on each side (the inner basket) If it moves from side to side then you got bad bearings.

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:33 PM

Patricio, you're definitely gonna have to pull the cabinet and inspect the snubber plate to make sure it's centered properly and that the pads are ok.  Also check the 3 tub balance springs and the rear counterbalance spring.  Pull the agitator and check the neck of the inner tub for damage.  Check the drive block and basket drive (spin tube) tabs for proper seating in the drive block.

About 10 years ago I had a rash of Whirlpool and Roper top load washers with balance problems, first year warranty and some right out of the box.  No matter how well leveled the machine was, the tub was off center.  The fix was to replace the entire support assembly, which came with a new snubber plate.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: 700 series, loud noises, out of balance

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics