Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

hispanicraven

Maytag Neptune washer Model number MAH5500BWW

6 posts in this topic

Hi! I just code the error code "Lr" and after researching learned that is the code for locked rotor. Also, learned that the control panel may need replaced too. Before buying those parts though, it was suggested to check to see if any wires are loose. Problem is the drum is full of water and it is probably about 1/4 full in drum. How do I remove the water without making a mess, so we can take off the door and back to look?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

shop vac.  Lr code is a problem with the motor or motor control board.  Depending on your serial number u might need  a motor conversion kit because they dont make the old motor or board anymore

@Kohai. Would you be able to tell me if I need that conversion kit or not? Here is the serial number A2973888CE. If it ends up being the motor, I would also need to buy another control board correct? Thank you for replying to my question and for your help!

@Your Gracious and Bodacious Host.  Thanks for the links and your help!

i belive you already have the updated motor so you should be able to just replace the control board alone if thats the problem

We just found out when taking it apart that the lock for the door is not working either. Even though we could hear it locking it, when was not fully locking. If that just made sense.How do you fix that?

Thanks again for all your help.