Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Neptune washer Model number MAH5500BWW

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 hispanicraven

hispanicraven

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 11:13 AM

Hi! I just code the error code "Lr" and after researching learned that is the code for locked rotor. Also, learned that the control panel may need replaced too. Before buying those parts though, it was suggested to check to see if any wires are loose. Problem is the drum is full of water and it is probably about 1/4 full in drum. How do I remove the water without making a mess, so we can take off the door and back to look?

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

shop vac.  Lr code is a problem with the motor or motor control board.  Depending on your serial number u might need  a motor conversion kit because they dont make the old motor or board anymore

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,872 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:31 AM

Basic motor function test:  http://fixitnow.com/...eptune-washers/

Another procedure:  http://appliantology...5500bww-washer/

#4 hispanicraven

hispanicraven

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 09:30 AM

@Kohai. Would you be able to tell me if I need that conversion kit or not? Here is the serial number A2973888CE. If it ends up being the motor, I would also need to buy another control board correct? Thank you for replying to my question and for your help!

@Your Gracious and Bodacious Host.  Thanks for the links and your help!

#5 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 595 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 17 October 2013 - 05:24 PM

i belive you already have the updated motor so you should be able to just replace the control board alone if thats the problem

#6 hispanicraven

hispanicraven

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 19 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

We just found out when taking it apart that the lock for the door is not working either. Even though we could hear it locking it, when was not fully locking. If that just made sense.How do you fix that?

Thanks again for all your help.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics