Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Warm beer box Samsung RF266AERS

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 akmsam

akmsam

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Miller lite

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:22 PM

The beer is getting warm  44  should be at 36.   The vents behind wall are packed with frost.  Do not know if fan is working or evaporator is heating up.   should fan always be running?  What is the voltage fan should see?

I defrosted this a couple months ago, the evaporator was packed in ice.  Never saw or heard the fan run.   The problem is back again.   Appreciate all suggestions.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 16 October 2013 - 01:42 PM

If it took a couple of months for the f/f evaporator to frost back up, you may have faulty evaporator defrost sensor (yellow wire).  If the evaporator fan is not restricted by ice buildup it should be running, but only with the doors closed.  Most Samsung's use a magnetic reed switch for a door switch that works the interior lights and the fan motor.  A quick way to check if the fan is running is to actuate the switch using a magnet.  Locate the magnet pad at the top of the left hand door and see where it lines up with the control cover.  With the door open, hold a small magnet to that spot on the cover and see if the lights turn off.  A couple of seconds later the fan motor should start.

Edited by PDuff, 16 October 2013 - 01:43 PM.

#3 akmsam

akmsam

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 October 2013 - 02:12 PM

Used the magnet, but could not hear the fan running.  I guess it could be packed in ice.    I will probably have to defrost the whole unit again to get the back cover off.  I should be able to check the fan once everything is melted.  Should the defrost sensor be replaced?   Where is a good place to buy parts online?

Thanks for the help

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,013 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:00 PM

Right here, padnah!  Just scroll to the bottom and use the Appliantology Parts Finder.  Punch in your model or part number and all will be revealed.

#5 akmsam

akmsam

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 17 October 2013 - 02:07 AM

Does the fan cycle on and off.  Or does it always run when the door is shut?

Thanks

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,830 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:38 AM

Where is a good place to buy parts online?

http://www.repaircli...RF266AERS-==c61

#7 akmsam

akmsam

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:37 PM

Got the temp sensor,  Was able to check that the fan is running when the door is closed.  I checked this with the old temp sensor. 

Again the back of the styrofoam was a block of ice.   Put in the new sensor and closed everything up, seems to be working.     What is the normal way that the moisture is taken out of the refrigerator?

If I get more build up in a month or two what would my next steps be for trouble shooting?     All help is appreciated

#8 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet coke

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:02 AM

Don't know if your unit is the same as the Lash model or not, but the thermal fuse on the right side could be blown.  Did you check that?  If its blown it will not defrost.  That is Ice build up problem. Not defrosting, blocking airflow.  I need to look up your unit.  You can check this at the control board in back, dont have the J connector number but it was between 7 and 9.

#9 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 01:44 AM

Looking at some of the other diagrams, they may have installed a bimetal thermal.  do you have a print,  I did a search on downloads, but Samuria pmed the manual to the requestor for RF266AERS

#10 akmsam

akmsam

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:54 PM

Not sure where the thermal fuse would be located.  Is it where the computer board is located?

#11 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:41 PM

Have you got a print is the first question?,  The LASH model I had to work on had a thermal fuse (non resetable) that fuse is wrapped in a white plastic foam on the right side of the evaporator, (as you look in frige)   will have to defrost the evap to see it.   Some of the Samsungs use a bi metal thermal, resets its self, but if it fails you cant defrost, no path to the heater.

You dont have to tear down the panels to test if its good, if you have a print you can test the circuit at the control board,  the other prints for samsung models are pretty close, however I dont have your print.  Will be connector number coo7 something like that and you need to check continuity from 7-9.  Common to the other side of heater, heaters and thermal fuse, or bi metal thermostat.

Maybe some one has the print.  I'll post the request.

#12 curjones

curjones

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:10 PM

I'm trying to get the print, but I also think this is where you need to look, they call it a

Defrost sensor

PART NUMBER: DA32-00006S  got that off repairclinic

This is just a guess, but on the print this part is where the thermal fuse was on th LASH model

They like to play games with the names of things.  they change the name to defrost sensor, but it may be just a fuse that blows .

A bi-metal thermostat is a true sensor, it senses heat or cold and opens or closes.  it resets it's self

Sure a fuse is a senor too, sense too much heat but when it blows its over, out of game

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics