Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GE MOD WJRE5550K2WW WASHING MACHINE-no agitate, no spin,

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 jim costello

jim costello

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 16 October 2013 - 03:55 PM

Drain motor works great. The main motor used to agitate and spin will not function at all. The motor is not locked up and the belt to the main pully of the machine can be easily turned indicating that no resistance is present from the motor to the main pully causing a locking malfunction. The machine fills and drains but the motor will not turn in agitate or spin mode. The door switch is fine. The in line fuse to the inverter control board is fine.

The indicator light code on the inverter board is flashing 6 times indicating a locked rotor according to the paperwork found inside the unit behind the main control panel.

Since this motor has this control board on it and the control board has many components on it, I can't very well determine much without further schematic or troubleshooting specifications.  

As of now, the only thing that I can assume is the control board is defective or the motor is defective.

A bit lost because I am usually working on earlier model machines that do not have these control boards on them. I do not even know exactly where I can connect my meter probes to determine whether the motor windings are shorted or open.

I looked up the cost of a new motor and it is 3/4 the price the original machine was when it was new.

Do not want to order a new motor without being positive this is what the problem really is.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 KurtiusInterupptus

KurtiusInterupptus

B.M.F.

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,718 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Killians Red

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:24 PM

You can try to clear the fault...unplug washer for at least 30 seconds...replug washer...within 10 seconds of replugging, raise and lower the lid 6 times. this will clear the fault and if it is not critical, the unit will work...otherwise, motor time (or new machine)
As every cockroach knows , thriving on poisons is the secret of success.

#3 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 16 October 2013 - 04:35 PM

You can try to clear the fault...unplug washer for at least 30 seconds...replug washer...within 10 seconds of replugging, raise and lower the lid 6 times. this will clear the fault and if it is not critical, the unit will work...otherwise, motor time (or new machine)

i was at a ladys house last week to fix a dryer and remembered reseting her motor 6 months before, she said its work fine since, so it is worth a try

#4 jim costello

jim costello

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffee

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:13 PM

i was at a ladys house last week to fix a dryer and remembered reseting her motor 6 months before, she said its work fine since, so it is worth a try

I did try the six time door close trick to try and clear the error but I don't believe I waited 30 seconds before plugging back in. I will try again. Thank you for your input.

Would you happen to know if its possible to order just the inverter card on the motor itself of is this inverter card part of the motor.

Again thank you.

#5 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• PipPipPipPip
  • 524 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 16 October 2013 - 05:41 PM

inverter board is part of motor, i have gotten rebuilt ones thru corcentric solutions

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 27,956 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 October 2013 - 08:33 AM

Motor Part number: AP4536553

Part number: AP4536553

#7 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• PipPipPip
  • 260 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 17 October 2013 - 04:57 PM

Unfortunate but true.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics