Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

pschumac

Samsung Dryer - grinding/clicking noise when spinning

5 posts in this topic

Samsung model #DV328AEW/XAA

Dryer started making this terrible grinding/clicking noise when the drum spins. I can hear it when I manually spin the drum or when I turn it on. The heating element works fine and it seems to spin okay. The belt is in place and tight enough.

Here's a short video of the noise. In the first half of the video I'm spinning the drum manually and then at the 20 second mark, I turn the dryer on.
https://www.dropbox.com/s/jmjo56ryfe...2015.37.00.mp4

Any help would be appreciated.

-Peter

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Samsung,, I have a front loader (style), that has a spilt drum in the back,  shooting in the dark here, dont know if yours is a front load ( size) model.

If it is take off the top and look at the back section, roll the drum around,  if the drum is ok you probally have a bad roller, wheel, or guied.

Belt tensioners also get junk in them, on shaft, this will eventually cause a stopage of the belt.  Some are bushings :solid ...others may have bearings.

Look for hairline cracks..

Edited by curjones

The issue was that the strap from a bathing suit top had gone down through the lint filter and gotten stuck in the blower wheel.  There was a small metal clasp on the strap that was hitting the blower and causing the noise.

Thanks for the up-date.. :thumbsup: