Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

790.42003603 - Kenmore Convection Oven keeps beeping.

790.42003603 79042003603 Kenmore convection oven beeps

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 heappliances

heappliances

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffe

Posted 23 October 2013 - 12:49 PM

Good Morning/Afternoon Gurus.

We have a Kenmore Convection Oven Model #790.42003603.

Top oven on Bake selection keeps consistently beeping when heating up/ going to selected temperature.

I can hear relay clicking like it is trying on and off heating element.

As soon it is reaching desired temperature it stops.

As soon as temperature is going down, it starts consistently beeping again in a sequence of short beep (temperature selection), long beep (desired temperature reached) and supporting by relay clicking sound with each beep (short and long). No Error Codes displaying.

For me, looks like relay responsible for turning on/of bake heating element in top oven is failing on the board.

However, this dude has 5 boards:

316460300 - excluding, as it looks like it is a use interface board (Control Panel Diagram)

316435701 - excluding, as it looks like it is a power board (Control Panel Diagram)

316460201 - (Control Panel Diagram)

316443910 - (Upper Oven Diagram)

316460901 - (Upper Oven Diagram)

Any suggestions which board is causing this behavior? I am leaning toward main board  316460901, but need your highly experienced opinion.

Thank you!!!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:25 PM

I don't know the answer right now... will have to think about it ..

but, it may be a bad Oven Sensor

Could try swapping the upper and lower Oven Sensors

http://appliantology...603-parts-tech/

Kenmore Oven
by Frigidaire

5995491031 parts & wiring
318204800 service data
318271935 wiring

after upload approval by the Samurai

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,033 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 23 October 2013 - 01:38 PM

i have not seen that happen with a failed sensor. Sounds like the board's brain is scrambled. Bro Reg's suggestion is a good one to eliminate sensor as the culprit .
Appliantology is, however appliances are not, an exact science for I know there are a few refrigerators that actually hate me.

The simplest explanation is most likely the correct and least expensive one, unless it's your compressor or motherboard" Occam as an appliantologist

"When you have eliminated all the impossible, whatever remains, however implausible, must be the logic truth; unless it's your compressor or motherboard." Mr. Spock as an appliantologist

"I think, therefore I have no earthly idea why this thing is not working...I got nothin'...". Rumored to have been uttered by a frustrated Descartes while diagnosing his GE Profile.

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,397 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:35 PM

I think Reg might be right.  There was a service bulletin on the 30' Frigidaire freestanding ranges addressing a beeping sound from the control section with no fault codes displayed.  The culprit was the mini oven sensor being open or shorted, as well as an over temp issue.  I'll keep checking.

#5 heappliances

heappliances

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffe

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:16 PM

Thank you all for a great suggestions.

We are checking if the issue is resolved.

This is what we did:

1. replaced relay board - initial beeping eliminated during pre-heat. As soon as it pre-heated and temp going down, long - short beeps are continues.

2. exchanged heat sensors between lower and top. (did not installed new) - issue is completely resolved. Both units are working normally without beeping. (mystery) However, when running both ovens and turning them completely off, got "Err" displayed. No number, just "Err". It happened only 1 time and we cannot re-produce it again. Will be checking with a customer after a while.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics