Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

jvm2070sk02 Last Chance Last Dance

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 LBL

LBL

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chocolate Milk

Posted 23 October 2013 - 09:42 PM

According to this post - which is the only one I could find on this model on the forum - "May be able to degrease and re-use"

Anything is worth a shot is what I figure before I toss it in the dumpster. I was frying up some venison and I went to use the microwave to heat some dog food and the touch pad no longer worked.  Fan is working of course, since I have it on.  Light is on.  Just the touch pad is shot. 

It's insane what they want for the main board!  I only paid $150 for the microwave new! 

So what do I degrease it with? 

Oh, I forgot, I can't edit my posts anymore. It's a GE Profile Microwave.  The touchpad is not working.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 LBL

LBL

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:04 PM

Took it apart and while there is one small control board attached to the touch pad - I don't see any gummed up parts.  DH will just have to suck it up and I bought a new one.  Didn't cost as much as the new gun he just bought :)  but much more important.  The man has got to eat - doesn't he realize that?  

PVM9195SFSS

OK, I realize I bought ANOTHER GE appliance.  I'm really stuck on GE microwaves though.  I bought another brand for our rental and eek - it was horrible.  Meanwhile I'm stuck waming my dog food in a pan.  Every time I think about cooking something I think - oh wait - I don't have a microwave!  How did we ever get along before these?  I don't even have a timer because it was on my microwave.  

#3 LBL

LBL

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:30 PM

GE WB27X10900 Smart Board was the part according to the Sears Parts diagram.  Just seems so weird it quit like that. 

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 24 October 2013 - 06:24 PM

... I realize I bought ANOTHER GE appliance.  I'm really stuck on GE microwaves though.

GE service info is hard to find..

Replacement parts cost seems to be high

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 LBL

LBL

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 08:30 PM

I know.  They get the Potato right though.  Just push that button and the Potato is done.  How do they do that?  How do they know? 

#6 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:30 PM

mirrors, (without smoke)

actually, many brands now use humidity sensors

potatoes, popcorn, etc

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#7 LBL

LBL

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:35 PM

I'm still searching for the replacement Microwave. In the meantime - :blinky: I was able to set the clock MOL at a random time and use the microwave to reheat things by using the 30 second function which defaulted to the Potato setting.  That worked great and then all of the sudden - my control panel started working again!  I guess it dried out or something. 

The only problem is, when I took the Vent panel off, the plastic was brittle and the tabs broke off. Not worth replacing at this point if the control panel is "iffy". 

I can't belive more stores don't have microwaves in stock to look at.  I have Best Buy, Sears, Home Depot and Lowes for my options.  They don't carry very many over the range microwaves.  I want to be able to actually LOOK at the microwave.  The second one I thought I wanted I saw at Best Buy yesterday was awful.  Thank goodness I didn't order it online.  The GE I bought and had to send back (PVM9195SFSS for $299) - I haven't found anything close in quality or warranty. Most of the GE's now only have 1 year warranties.  The only other Microwave I've found that I liked is the LG LMHM2017ST but with the Extenda Vent I'm not sure if it will work over my stove with the hight.  The reviews are all over the place on that Microwave. 

Sigh.  I have to have at least a 1.9 or 2.0 microwave.  All of my other appliances are GE.   

#8 LBL

LBL

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 08:50 PM

JVM7195SFSS  This one is horrible.  Cheap plastic spray painted buttons.  eek! 

#9 olyteddy

olyteddy

Kohai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 342 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Earl Grey

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:22 PM

I had to replace a clients jvm2070 (wasn't going to spend over $400 for a new control panel) and she accepted a PVM9195SFSS http://www.homedepot...59#.UnxYZ_lnHUY as a substitute. 

#10 LBL

LBL

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:34 PM

Yes.  Sigh.  That's the one I bought for $299 from eBay but had to return.  It said NEW with warranty but someone had already tried to installed it and wow.  The screw holes were stripped out.  There was no way to install it.  I have no idea how the seller missed that.  It was tortured metal.  Thankfully he sent me a return shipping label.  Once you've seen quality though it's hard to accept anything less. 

#11 LBL

LBL

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 10 December 2013 - 08:19 PM

FINALLY got a new microwave installed today!  PVM9195SFSS like I wanted for $338 delivered new in the box.  My other microwave bit the dust two days ago while this one was on the way - I guess I knew I was going to need it. 

Here's how I found it.  I put the model number in Google, clicked the Shopping button at the top of the page (I'm on Firefox) and it says Price $$ from 10+ stores.  Don't let the big number scare you away - I almost did.  I clicked on that and found Sears Outlet had it for $314.00.  $22.00 delivery and $20.00 tax.  I found a $20.00 coupon so that brought my total down to $338.00 delivered.  Plus I got $8.85 in MyWay Points to spend. 

I've been shopping for a while, and I have found that the prices for delivery vary widely.  As do the conditions of whatever you are looking for of course. Mine said "New - Floor Model" and it arrived New in the Box, still stapled.  Never been opened.  Shipped from New Jersery to Florida for $22.00, can't beat that. 

It looks like some Sears Outlets is starting to ship a lot more things now than they used to.  

#12 LBL

LBL

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 57 posts

Posted 11 December 2013 - 10:15 PM

Well I've had it installed for a day and sigh - I'm not impressed.  I know I know - I hear I "I told you so".  I didn't have the chance to install the other one actually.

I can't believe GE actually has Gray on Black print on the Contol Panel.  It is impossible to read.  DH can actually read better than I can without glasses and came in there and said "don't they have a backlight so we can read this?"  Uh, no. 

My door is crooked.  I had read that online from other reviewers but that is when they had someone from HD install it.  We never untaped our door or anything during installtion. 

These cheap spray painted buttons!  I can NOT believe it.  They are totally hideous. I am quite sure the paint will wear off in a month cleaning them. I thought the other one I had ordered that I returned had stainless steel buttons which is why I was willing to pay a little more for this model. 

Dec202012#5956330199674251634

https://picasaweb.go...330199674251634

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics