Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Lg washer wm2101h wont rinse and spin

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 Trips3win

Trips3win

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sam adams

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:36 PM

Lg wm2101h. The diags are fine. The machine fills and spins just fine during diags. The normal wash gets stuck around 9 minutes left. It does not fill with water to rinse. It seems like the eject pump runs while it it trying to fill for rinse. A little wAter enters and it spins slow like a wash cycle. Foam builds up and it keeps repeating this. 9 minutes left. Clothes are soaked and soapy. Please help.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,760 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:55 PM

Check to see if the water inlet valve is plugged with sand/sediment. This will cause the machine not to fill in the rinse cycle and can cause issues like this. Are you getting any fault codes like iE?

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 10:59 PM

Caused by a software glitch.

Order a new MAIN BOARD (EBR38163357)

NOTE:

The Main Board Part Number has *NOT* been changed to discern which Main Board is the original (flawed) or the revised (corrected).

To know if the Main Board is the newer/revised part---find the BUILD DATE on the box or part.

All EBR38163357 Main Boards with a Build Date beginning with October 2011---are the revised/corrected Main Board.

It is problably a good idea to contact/call the Parts Jobber/Supplier to not only order the replacement Main Board---but to request a verification that the Build Date is after September 2011.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Intermittent water leaks (from rear of washer)

And other annoying symptoms which vary brand-to brand.

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

HE: (2) Tablespoons Per Wash Load

HE 2X: (1) Tablespoon

HE 3X: (1) Teaspoon

Perform a TUB CLEAN CYCLE every (4) months.

Use: "Tide Washing Machine Cleaner"

#4 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 01:17 AM

Here's an example...

http://www.repaircli...8163357/2024568

Although it's only a photo of the Main Board---which is intended allow correct identification of a part before ordering.

At the upper/left hand corner---there's a yellow label on the Main Board which shows it's Build Date:

2011 04 08   (2011/April/08)

This Main Board would be the *original*---and not the revised/corrected part.

Again---this photo image is likely an older one---RepairClinic problably has the newer version in stock.

Call to confirm.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Read below:

The *correct* amount of HE (High Efficiency) detergent that should be used in any front load or agitatorless top load washer with tub sizes 3.0 cu ft and larger is as follows:

#5 Trips3win

Trips3win

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 05:53 AM

Gee..  these are quick responses thanks.  There are no error codes.  I did check the filter and the little rubber hose drain plug yesterday (in the front).  I was amazed that the rubber drain dumped lots of sand and sediment, but the filter barely had anything in it (a few hairs and a toothpick or something).  I will check the water inlet valve and main board this morning.  I will have to find them.  

I am wondering, I did run an empty washer rinse and spin cycle yesterday and thought my wife was crazy since it seemed to work fine with a little bit a foam that I could wipe away with a hand towel  (but what do I know).  However when the washer is full , it gets stuck again at the 9 minute mark during rinse and spin.

Another observation that I failed to mention (it was late last night) is that there is a constant humming sound like the pump is constantly running during the rinse.  I think it is the pump sound..  So when the water starts to fill you can hear the pump immediately eject it and the filling stops..  Then the slow spin happens all while this pump is running.

Anyway thanks for the tips I will take it apart and look this morning.

#6 Trips3win

Trips3win

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:11 AM

I have more empirical data..

The values "appear" to be functional.  I tested filling with hot and then with cold and it filled both times.  The drain pump works too.

The EBR38163357 date stamp reads:  "T.2010.04.03-A"  and "(7A87) Ver .05"   I assume this means 2010 and it is old.  So before I pay $114 on Repair-Clinic I would like to describe more details.  I sat in front the machine and noted the times and things occuring during "rinse/spin".  This was on a small load of towels (2 small towels and a sheet..  which is 1/4 of a normal load)

Time      Action

-------     -------------

18         Drum fills and slowly moves back and forth

17         stops filling and moves like a wash cycle with lots of suds.. Water never fills or rinses again after this.

(16-14)  Wash wash wash...  very sudsy.

13         Pump starts (and stays on for rest of rinse spin cycle) empties drum

12         Slow Full spin / stop / reverse slow full spin

12         Very short useless water burst (pump still on)

11         Fast spin / stop / reverse fast spin again

9           Super fast spin

(8-1)     Fast spinning!!  Yeah!

0           Completes normally.

!!!!  YES it completed..  Still very sudsy and soapy though..   I tried a bigger towel load (still not a normal) load and this also completed normally..  but took a little while of back and forth at time 9 to find level ( i presume)..

Question: During rinse and spin..  The water fills once... then after it drains it never rinses again (except for that short useless burst at time 12).  Is this correct?  

*** The other bit of data is that I unplugged it for a while (45 minutes or so) before trying above experiment.  I heard someone else say this somewhere.  But still there *was* a problem on several loads.  Why does it seem gone without any repair.

Are you still thinking the mother board should be replaced?

Thanks so much..

Steve

#7 Trips3win

Trips3win

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:16 AM

DOH!  Culprit!  My wife has been accidently using non HE detergent!!!!  For the past several loads...  Now what?

#8 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:24 AM

1) Add 4 Tablespoons of Cooking Oil and run a Speed Wash Cycle (without laundry). Eliminates suds quickly.

2) Yes---the revised Main Board addresses problems with insufficient Rinse Fill and sudsing (even if the correct detergent has been used.

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Read below:

#9 john63

john63

Dean of LG Appliantology

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,152 posts

Posted 24 October 2013 - 09:54 AM

Normally---a customer using "HE" detergent---will complain that the *whites* are not getting clean (dingy/yellowing) and that the Bleach Dispenser does not function.

In your case---having used the incorrect detergent---we're seeing two problems creating a "Perfect Storm".

Extreme suds.

With enough suds---the Water Level Sensor is unable to accurately detect the correct amount of water fill.

This will cause the Main Board to initiate an emergency drain.

If your washer computer could talk---it would turn on a Klaxon Alarm and blare out:

"System Malfunction Detected !"

"Initiating Emergency Drain Mode!"

"Auto-Destruct Sequence Has Been Enabled---Fifteen Minutes and Counting Until Nuclear Detonation!" (just kidding:)

To eliminate:

Musty odor

L-O-N-G cycle times

Dingy/yellowing whites

Suds error message

Slow spin speeds

Read below:

#10 Trips3win

Trips3win

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 28 October 2013 - 07:55 AM

Thanks so much for dealing with my mistake.  I did 2 full tub cleans and am now using HE detergent.  No more problems for many loads over weekend.  I will hold off on the $114 mother board purchase for now.

If my washer could talk it would be calling me (or my wife) every name in the book.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics