Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Dryer motor bearings

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 peter8488

peter8488

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:tea

Posted 30 October 2013 - 11:31 AM

Kenmore 80 series dryer doing typically the same signs of on the verge of failure.

Took dryer apart and electric motor would not spin even though it was free from drum, I had to move shaft back and forth with a wrench, lint did come out of an area where the motor meets the wall with a felt cover, OK cleaned the well of the lint that came out.
At that point the motor begin to work and I replaced the drum and reassembled the dryer, great worked for 3 weeks, then failed.
I repeated the process and now the motor turns but makes a screeching sound when first started then it settles but motor sounds more...louder then it did before so I'm thinking... bearings seizing up?

Here's the YouTube link.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,820 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:25 PM

Yup, time for a new motor.

http://www.repaircli...tor/279827/2584

Scott Wolf

#3 peter8488

peter8488

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 12:45 PM

Pretty much reminiscent of working on a drill press and the sound of metal on metal with no coolant nor lubricant.

#4 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:03 PM

... Kenmore 80 series dryer

yes, bad Motor,

but post Dryer model number

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#5 peter8488

peter8488

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 30 October 2013 - 02:34 PM

Humm, not sure of exact model, I got it working again with liquid wrench that has a white lithium base grease in it, seems to have done the trick...for now but I can see I will need to order a motor asap it's only a matter of time till it seizes up.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics