Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Zombie Walk

• Please log in to reply
14 replies to this topic

#1 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bud Ice (Yeah, I know)

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:11 AM

I read the other day there's going to be one of those "zombie walks" downtown on Halloween afternoon.  A zombie walk is when a bunch of people dress up like zombies and shamble down the street scaring the heck out of pedestrians and traffic.  Hopefully I can grab the wife and go check it out after work.  Cool stuff.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Home brewed ice tea

Posted 31 October 2013 - 07:58 AM

My wife & daughter love that zombie show that is on TV,    I am a fuddy dud not my beer of choice.  Give me a pole & yak & let me watch the redfish dance on the other end of my tight line.  That is my kool.  :thumbsup:

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#3 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,625 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 31 October 2013 - 08:37 AM

We are a zombie obsessed nation for sure

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#4 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 09:03 AM

Well, it looks like that zombie walk group got an early start.  I was on my way to my first call and saw them walking along the highway.  I sure hope they're still doing it later downtown.

And what a nightmare that first call was.  I had just finished replacing a terminal block and power cord on a Frigidaire range when this kid, a boy about 7 or 8 years old, comes into the kitchen.  As I was getting up the kid jumps on me.  While I was holding him back the little bastard bites my hand, taking a sizable chunk of meat with it.  At that point the mother comes in, grabs the kid and locks him in his room while I slide the range back in place.  She comes back to pay the bill as I wrap my hand in my hankerchief.  She apologizes, saying he must've eaten some bad candy because he's been sick all night.  I tell her that I'm ok and head out for my next call.

The bite doesn't look too bad but it sure does itch.

#5 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 11:48 AM

It seems the zombie walk thing is really taking off.  I must've passed at least 3 or 4 different groups just in the past couple of miles.  It also seems that my schedule is falling apart.  My second call wouldn't answer the door, even after confirming earlier.  Wouldn't answer the phone either, and I could hear them moving around in there.  At my third call, the guy wouldn't open the door either.  He just yelled for me to go away or he "was going to blow my head off".  So I left, but he's definitely flagged for any future service.

My hand is itching like crazy and my head is pounding like a jackhammer.  Guess I'd better head to the emergency room and get it checked out.  I swear, if that ladies' kid gave me MRSA or herpes or something I'm gonna sue her ass off.

#6 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 12:53 PM

Ok, forget about the emergency room.  The parking lot is jammed and there's people waiting in line outside of the door.  It must be a full moon or something.  There's people fighting in the parking lot, I even see a couple of guys from one of zombie groups fighting with somebody.  I might as well head back to the shop.

#7 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 01:36 PM

What the hell is going on here?  Where is everybody?  Shop door's been left wide open, computers have been left on.  Well, I feel like crap.  Hand itches, head pounding, and I feel like I'm burning up.  I guess I'll just shut everything down, lock up the shop and head on home. 

Funny thing.  As sick as I feel, I'm hungry as hell.

#8 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 03:34 PM

Home at last!  Wife is freaking out, says she can't reach her sister and everybody's acting weird.  I say "It's ok babe.  I think it's just a full moon and there's a bunch of idiot zombies running around."  Then I head for the bathroom right before ralphing my guts up.  After washing my face, I put some peroxide on my hand and bandage it up.  It's definitely infected and my arm is starting to look like a roadmap.  Even through the burning I can feel that insane itching.

I'm starving but I feel too sick to eat.  I tell the wife I just need to lay down for a while and I'll be fine.  Just..need....to.......lay.........down

#9 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:30 PM

........................itchy........................hungry.......................wife......................................

#10 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:36 PM

.............mmmmm............chomp................

............................mmmmmmm.................chomp....................slurp...................

................................................mmmmmmm.....................chomp.....................slurp........................gulp........................

......................................................................mmmmmm.....................chomp.................slurp......................gulp......................buuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrrrp.............................

#11 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:40 PM

........ffeeeeellll  bbeeetttterr  nowww...............ssttiiiillll  hhuuuunnggrrryyyy.............ttthhhhiiinnnnkk  iilll  go ffooorrr   a  wwaaaaaaallllllllllkkkkk.......................................

#12 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 04:55 PM

Ladies and Gentlemen, Brethren, and Master Samurai.  I wish to thank you for your kind indulgence of the preceding, completely fictional, "holiday offering."

I think a fellow who used to work for CBS Radio back in the '30's summed it up best:  "It was just my version of putting on a sheet, jumping out of the dark, and saying Boo.  So, tonight, when your doorbell rings, it's not a Martian (zombie), it is just......Halloween."

H A P P Y    H A L L O W E E N  !         From "Z"Duff        

(By the way, did anybody else hear about the giant meteor that just crashed in New Jersey?  Somewhere near a little town call Grover's Mill, I think.  Cool stuff.)

#13 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 31 October 2013 - 10:28 PM

I did see A falling star tonight while door to door with all the other ghouls.

PS.  PDuff sounds like you got too much spare time.  :wink:

Edited by Patricio, 31 October 2013 - 10:31 PM.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#14 PDuff

PDuff

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,809 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 08:56 AM

You would think, Brother Pat.  Actually, yesterday was pretty busy and I was running all over the place with doctor appointments and service calls, and at the same time holding down the shop.  But I just couldn't resist having fun.

#15 Patricio

Patricio

Opa

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 01 November 2013 - 07:31 PM

Fun is good.

IgonFishn

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics