Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Bobwasher

Coin operated washer won't start

3 posts in this topic

I Have a Kenmore model #41724182301 coin operated Front load washer that will not start. This happened several time before but I would open up the box behind the coin slot draw and push the level back until the little wheel spun around a full cycle and the machine was reset and everything would work fine. But now the machine has to be reset after every cycle. Please help!!!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

sounds like a bad Coin mechanism assembly,
which is a custom device, not on the parts list

You could try disconnecting the Coin mechanism plug

and jumper 4M to 5M for non-coin mode to see if the Washer will work

The micro switches on the coin mechanism need to be adjusted properly...

While the cam is first pushed, after inserting coins it closes both micro switches for the little motor cam circuit and for the start button circuit. 

Once the start button is pushed, the timer (or computer don't remember which off the top of my head) will close the rest of the motor cam circuit.  When it starts to rotate, the cam will lift the arm of the microswitches, opening the start button circuit but keeping the motor circuit closed until it is lifted the rest of the way at the end of the rotation (about 270 degrees from the both open position.)

Good Luck! 

Edited by micabay