Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

SHE6AP02UC/05 Bosch infuriating E:24 drain error

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 acadiel

acadiel

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 01:19 AM

Hey everyone -

I have a Bosch dishwasher showing the nice E:24 error (drain clogged).. been beating my head over this the past day or two.  It always throws it right after it does it's little self checks and tries to drain anything that might still be in the unit (in other words, after only a few minutes.)

* First, I took the drain out of the bottom of the sump and removed that white tab thing and made sure nothing was in the impeller, and that it could spin correctly.  Then (in front, after removing kickplate), I also took the hose out (after removing the clamp from on top of it) and looked at the other side of the impeller.  Looked good.

* Threw a couple quarts of water in before trying a new cycle; I hear it draining the water perfectly into the sink drain.

* Checked the sink drain it's connected to; it's working OK

* Held the > and DELAY, powered the unit on, pressed < once (P1 - test mode), and ran it a couple of times.  Always ends up with a 0 (no errors).  Unit fills, drains, everything - just fine.

I'm at a loss.  Thoughts?  This is driving me mad :)

Edited by acadiel, 05 November 2013 - 01:24 AM.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,692 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 05 November 2013 - 03:25 AM

Have you seen this topic?  http://appliantology...-i-vacuum-sump/

Has some info that may apply to your situation.  

#3 acadiel

acadiel

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 05 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Thanks, Samurai -

I went ahead and ordered the drain pump from Repair Clinic.  I Googled around the stash and it looks like you just twist it counter clockwise after removing the wiring to remove it.  In the meantime, if I do the 20 minute or so Customer Test Program and get a 0 error code, I can get it to initiate a regular load right afterwards, so I'll keep doing that until that no longer works.

Thanks! :)

#4 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,692 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

I Googled around the stash and it looks like you just twist it counter clockwise after removing the wiring to remove it. 

Yep, bayonet style.  Piece of pie, tovarish!  

#5 NCARepair

NCARepair

Kohai

• Chief Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 316 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:38 PM

Try removing fine mesh filter from sump. These being plugged will cause drain error. Bosch part 645038

#6 acadiel

acadiel

Ikkō-ikki

• Chief Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 29 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:29 PM

Just wanted to come back and say the RepairClinic pump fixed it! Thanks! Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,692 posts

Posted 13 November 2013 - 08:55 AM

Thanks for the update!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics