Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

acadiel

SHE6AP02UC/05 Bosch infuriating E:24 drain error

7 posts in this topic

Hey everyone -

I have a Bosch dishwasher showing the nice E:24 error (drain clogged).. been beating my head over this the past day or two.  It always throws it right after it does it's little self checks and tries to drain anything that might still be in the unit (in other words, after only a few minutes.)

* First, I took the drain out of the bottom of the sump and removed that white tab thing and made sure nothing was in the impeller, and that it could spin correctly.  Then (in front, after removing kickplate), I also took the hose out (after removing the clamp from on top of it) and looked at the other side of the impeller.  Looked good.

* Threw a couple quarts of water in before trying a new cycle; I hear it draining the water perfectly into the sink drain.

* Checked the sink drain it's connected to; it's working OK

* Held the > and DELAY, powered the unit on, pressed < once (P1 - test mode), and ran it a couple of times.  Always ends up with a 0 (no errors).  Unit fills, drains, everything - just fine.

I'm at a loss.  Thoughts?  This is driving me mad :)

Edited by acadiel

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks, Samurai -

I went ahead and ordered the drain pump from Repair Clinic.  I Googled around the stash and it looks like you just twist it counter clockwise after removing the wiring to remove it.  In the meantime, if I do the 20 minute or so Customer Test Program and get a 0 error code, I can get it to initiate a regular load right afterwards, so I'll keep doing that until that no longer works.

Thanks! :)

I Googled around the stash and it looks like you just twist it counter clockwise after removing the wiring to remove it. 

Yep, bayonet style.  Piece of pie, tovarish!  

Try removing fine mesh filter from sump. These being plugged will cause drain error. Bosch part 645038

Just wanted to come back and say the RepairClinic pump fixed it! Thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Thanks for the update!