Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Kaptain Kaos

Kenmore 110.22042100 - Won't Drain

13 posts in this topic

Found the tech sheet under the top panel - tech sheet part number is 8526175 - ran all the diagnostics with no error code.

Machine spins, fills, etc... does not drain.  Makes noise like it should be draining, no water leaves...

Help?

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

are the Drain Pump Hoses clogged ?

I've checked the hose on the back of the machine - I haven't gotten to fully removing the cover around the tub yet to look at the drain pump.  

Check the drain recirculation solenoid valve.

Eric

Check the drain recirculation solenoid valve.

Eric

Ok - whereabouts would i find that?

Thanks!

Mounted to inside back panel right where the drain hose exits the washer. Must be energized for drain. When de-energized, water is diverted back up to tub discharge funnel. The valve is covered by plastic splash protectors. You should be able to operate the valve by hand. When in drain mode, check for 120vac at 2-pin plug where solenoid plugs into harness wiring. If you have voltage but solenoid won't energize, replace valve. The solenoid is operated by DC current. Inside the solenoid "box", there is a diode bridge rectifier and fuse. There's two coils for the solenoid, one for pulling solenoid in and the other one is then switched in to reduce current for holding solenoid in position.

Eric

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Drain-Valve/3358559/521215

Edited by fairbank56

No obvious blockage.  It doesn't look like I can operate the valve by hand - my guess is it's broke.  

Not sure it's worth spending 78 bucks on a part for a twelve year old washing machine.  

Is it possible to just bypass the thing?  Get it working for another few weeks...?

Disconnect the diverter valve inlet hose (top hose that goes up behind tub), move drain hose over to where inlet hose was connected, don't use the Catalyst option.

Eric

Disconnect the diverter valve inlet hose (top hose that goes up behind tub), move drain hose over to where inlet hose was connected, don't use the Catalyst option.

Eric

Thanks - I'll give that a try this evening.

Drain hose being the short jumper hose between valve and back of washer connection, not the one from the pump.

Eric

P0103159-00002.png

Well, that did the trick.  Ran through a full cycle with no issues - drained like a champ.

Thanks again for all the help!