Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag Atlantis MAV6057AWW spins/drains ONLY on Delicate cycle

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 firepuppy

firepuppy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:01 PM

Lots of ideas for no spin/drain on this unit, but since it works fine on the Delicate cycle, that seems to rule out a lot of things (e.g. lid switch, pulley, transmission, etc.)  I did notice a post on another forum where someone had suggested the 2-speed motor in this unit might cause this behavior by working properly in slow speed but not high speed.  I have swapped the motor with another one I had access to and determined it is NOT the problem.

I'm left thinking the problem is either in the timer or the control board mounted on the timer; since both of these are fairly expensive, I'd like to diagnose a little further to make sure which of these two (or something else) is the cause.

Any ideas??

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:31 PM

Timer, the conrol board is the water temp control.

Eric

#3 firepuppy

firepuppy

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 01:46 PM

That's what I thought, but tried to test with water temp control board disconnected and couldn't get it to work at all...

#4 fairbank56

fairbank56

Senpai

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 851 posts

Posted 06 November 2013 - 02:25 PM

Temp control board should have no effect on motor operation other than it won't agitate without water in tub. Washer will only fill in rinse cycle, if set to cold, without temp control board.

Best technique would be to check for 120vac at the black wire at motor connector when in high speed agitate or spin.

FYI, if motor runs in low speed, then the high speed winding must be ok as motor always starts in high speed, even when low is selected.

Eric

Edited by fairbank56, 06 November 2013 - 02:33 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics