Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

GSH25JFXBWW Refrigerator by GE needs new dispenser line.

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 Sunlight Appliance

Sunlight Appliance

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RAW MILK. Yes, you sissies, I really drink it.

Posted 06 November 2013 - 12:56 PM

Hello,

My clients have this side by side fridge that they have just moved into a new home. In order to fit the unit through the home front door entrance they had to take off the refrigerator and freezer doors. In doing so they pulled out the water dispenser line that enters the freezer door via the lower hinge. They did not realize the water line placement was designed this way.

GE told them they need to buy a whole new door. Is this true? If not, how do you recommend I repair this issue, properly installing a new water line?

Sunlight

STOP building government and START building business. :miner:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,706 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 07 November 2013 - 05:59 PM

The "official" way is to replace the door.

Or you can try appl.tech's method: http://fixitnow.com/...e-refrigerator/

But wait! Now that I've replied to this neglected topic, others will chime in with suggestions (or maybe not because I drew attention to this typical dynamic).

#3 Sunlight Appliance

Sunlight Appliance

Sōhei

• Professional Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 191 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:RAW MILK. Yes, you sissies, I really drink it.

Posted 07 November 2013 - 09:16 PM

Thank you sir. My client says he pulled the line out accidentally. Makes me think there could be damage at the connecting point further up the door. How does the line connect further up the door? I assume it connects directly behind the dispenser? What is the fitting used and is it a replaceable part?

STOP building government and START building business. :miner:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics