Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn Circuit Fu, the ancient lost art of appliance repair…

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
Sunlight Appliance

GSH25JFXBWW Refrigerator by GE needs new dispenser line.

3 posts in this topic

Hello,

My clients have this side by side fridge that they have just moved into a new home. In order to fit the unit through the home front door entrance they had to take off the refrigerator and freezer doors. In doing so they pulled out the water dispenser line that enters the freezer door via the lower hinge. They did not realize the water line placement was designed this way.

GE told them they need to buy a whole new door. Is this true? If not, how do you recommend I repair this issue, properly installing a new water line?

Sunlight

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

The "official" way is to replace the door.

Or you can try appl.tech's method: http://fixitnow.com/wp/2010/10/02/repairing-a-water-tube-embedded-inside-the-freezer-door-foam-insulation-of-a-ge-refrigerator/

But wait! Now that I've replied to this neglected topic, others will chime in with suggestions (or maybe not because I drew attention to this typical dynamic).

Thank you sir. My client says he pulled the line out accidentally. Makes me think there could be damage at the connecting point further up the door. How does the line connect further up the door? I assume it connects directly behind the dispenser? What is the fitting used and is it a replaceable part?