LIMITED TIME OFFER: Use code 10YEARS10 to get 10% off your Appliantology membership. Click here for more ×
Click here to check out this guide

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Contact

DISCLOSURE: We may earn a commission when you use one of our coupons/links to make a purchase.
  • Upcoming Events

• 27 April 2024 02:00 PM Until 03:00 PM
      All Appliantology tech members are invited to join in this workshop on all things Appliantological: bidness, customers, tools, troubleshooting, flavorite brewski, whatever. Webcams and microphones are open and live!
      This workshop is also a great time for any students at Master Samurai Tech to bring any and all questions about the coursework. We're happy to walk through any concepts you're having trouble with. Think of it like office hours with your teachers. 
      If you have a specific appliance problem you'd like us to talk about, post it here! We need a problem statement and a PDF of the tech sheet or schematic so we can all see it on screen share. If you have a PDF that isn't already in the File library here at Appliantology, send it to us by attaching it to the contact form. 
      Also, follow this Calendar Event so you'll get notified of new posts here. Look for the "Follow" button either at the top of the topic on desktop or below the topic on mobile.
      Who: This workshop is only available to tech members at Appliantology.
      When: Saturday, April 27 @10:00 AM Eastern Time.
      Where: Online via Zoom
      How:
      Click here to go to the forum topic with the registration link. If you're interested, register now. Arrive a couple minutes early to make sure your connection is working. Set a reminder for yourself for this workshop so you don’t miss it.  And check out past workshops here: https://appliantology.org/announcement/33-webinar-recordings-index-page/

Ikea appliances - good or bad idea

dfphoto

Hi Master,

I found a crazy guy who is hopefully selling and installing a full ikea kitchen for me. My issue/question is; this guy is telling me has all the ikea appliances for sale so far he is saying about 30% off new but I'm a bit leary because I thinking about it, there is no warranty since i have no receipts, and I would like to know what your experiences are in servicing ikea appliances. I don't know who makes them or anything about them.

I appreciate the help and answers... Best David

• Replies 7
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• slantsixdan

• dfphoto

• Cactus Bob

• DurhamAppliance

Top Posters In This Topic

I serviced a couple of Ikea branded fridges. Both were optical ice style SXS models made by whirlpool.

I had a customer a few months back who was definitely not satisfied with his Whirlpool/Kitchenaid made Ikea wall oven.  Wasn't happy with the unit not maintaining proper temperatures, although when checked it did achieve and hold temps.  There was a couple of pointers or updates on this product and one recommended fix was customer instruction.  There was also some Farenheit and Celsius adjustment issues.

In the end, there were no repairs possible to remedy his problem.  And no product exchange was even possible because the model had since been discontinued.

Ok thanks people, I guess 20-30% off isn't worth it for ikea... branding... I was thinking that as they have a very strict return policy I can't imagine their appliances...

Thanks dave

• 1 month later...

Great, but "made by Whirlpool" doesn't necessarily mean anything other than made by Whirlpool. The Ikea appliances, like any other brand, are specced and manufactured to a price requirement. We moved recently into a place with a recent Ikea kitchen makeover and while the appliances were not replaced at that time, all the rest of the Ikea components (sink, faucet, counter, etc.) are shoddy. They're stars of the "Have This Kitchen For Just $XXXX.XX!" signs on the show floor, and they look great if one wants to tart up a place to sell or rent, but that's about all they're good for. The details of the Ikea appliances I've scrutinised have not impressed me; I'll be staying away. Others, of course, are free to disagree and go with their own preferences.

(As for warranties: They're basically sales tools, AFAIC.)