Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung Refrigerator rfg297aabp no cool in freezer

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,618 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Citrus Mistress

Posted 06 November 2013 - 11:47 PM

Samsung french door refrigerator no cool in freezer. Had initial freezer fan problem, fixed that then no cooling in freezer. I can watch the evaporator frost up the top row for a few minutes and then frost just stops. Seems like the stepper valve may be directing flow back to the refrigerator too early.  Switches back and forth every few minutes but never seams to frost up the evaporator in the freezer. No error codes. Stepper valve checks good at board. All fans running properly. Thermistors are sensing the correcting temps (based on chart in fast track). Help!!! The compressor has access valves. Do samsung refrigerators come from the factory with access valves? looks like the compressor may have been changed. May be a sealed system problem? The refrigerator temperature is good. Thanks in advance. Sorry for the rambling. This thing is just driving me crazy.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.tandnappliance.com

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,429 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 07 November 2013 - 02:24 AM

Did you test all thermistors?

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#3 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,525 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:32 AM

Did you get any pictures of the access valves??? do not know of any company's putting valves an a "Sealed System"..........Initial complaint and fix?????..........If access valves were added by someone else, were they added because it was low/leak.....Did the customer buy new??????..............Do not see too many Samsungs but we will all be learning on yours.....If some one else worked on this unit, you may not even know where to start the repair........Get some facts first!!!!!.

#4 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 10:59 AM

It's my moms refrigerator. I got it from a new dealer that couldn't fix the ice maker. (Still working on that) didn't get pics of the valves. Looks like the compressor has been changed. The problem was the freezer fan. I got that fixed.

All thermistors test good.

Durham, do you know how the stepper valve cycles? I know the new whirlpools can take an hour before the freezer starts to cool. Are Samsungs this way as well? Waiting I talk to my mom this morning to see if worked. Was 45 degrees when I leafy last night. It started at 67 degrees. Seemed like it may had started working. Keep you guys posted.

#5 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:07 AM

Just got an update. Freezer is at 30 degrees this morning. Now that the freezer is somewhat cold (last night was room temperature) I am going to double check thermistors.

#6 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,618 posts

Posted 07 November 2013 - 11:11 AM

Had a brain fart. Just remembered your ice slurry thermistor test Durham. Tested the freezer thermistors when freezer was at room temp. Better re do my testing the correct way. Haha

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics