Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung DV410AEW Dryer won't start - Need Tech Manual

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Jim Coates

Jim Coates

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 November 2013 - 04:52 PM

Hey all,

It's been a long time since I've been on this forum, but alas, I need assistance again.

I have a Samsung DV410AEW dryer that recently stopped functioning.  The unit turns on and appears to start a cycle, but the drum never spins.  Additionally, the "hourglass" that Samsung uses to indicate it is in a drying cycle stays lit from the initial power on.

I've tried removing from power, but it still exhibits the same symptoms upon powering it back up.

If I start the dryer, the "shirt" icon will flash, but the drum never moves.  It eventually claims it finishes, but upon turning off and back on, the "hourglass" is showing once again.

I hear a relay or something kick on when you start the cycle.  I don't hear anything that sounds like the motor is running, but it makes me wonder if the belt is broken.  I'd like to find a service manual to figure out how to get the thing far enough apart to check the belt.

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

Jim Coates

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,059 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 09 November 2013 - 04:19 PM

For manual and lots of other goodies, become an Apprentice:  http://apprentice.appliantology.org/

#3 sh2sh2

sh2sh2

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 622 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:yeunling

Posted 09 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

belt broken or thermal fuse blown

#4 mark mac

mark mac

Sōhei

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPip
  • 235 posts

Posted 09 November 2013 - 08:31 PM

broken belt

#5 Jim Coates

Jim Coates

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 04:36 PM

I subscribed as an apprentice as requested to get access to the manual.  I need to crack this thing open and see if the belt is indeed broken, but need to know how to access it.

Thanks in advance.

Jim

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,059 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 11 November 2013 - 09:56 AM

Fast track manual for your model:  http://appliantology...ual-revision-5/

Standard disassembly procedures:  http://appliantology...ultiple-models/

Drive belt part link:  http://www.repaircli...2001655/1935594

#7 Jim Coates

Jim Coates

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 11 November 2013 - 07:51 PM

Much thanks.  I cracked the unit open and found that the belt had indeed broken.  I should have another one tomorrow and will see if it takes care of everything!

Thanks,

Jim

#8 Jim Coates

Jim Coates

Ikkō-ikki

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPip
  • 20 posts

Posted 12 November 2013 - 06:53 PM

Got the replacement belt today and just finished replacing it.  The dryer is once again up and running!

Thanks for the help!

Jim

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics