Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

whirlpool washer is not spinning.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 mokanic

mokanic

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:PBR

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:05 AM

I have a whirlpool top load washer, wtw4800xq1. it's round about 3 years old. it experienced a wratcheting/clicking noise, then stopped spinning. after looking underneath I saw the belt off the larger of the two pullys. it seemed pretty wrecked, so I ordered a new pully wheel, and reinstalled it, put the belt back on, and ran a cycle. As fast as I can tell everything worked. after loading a second load it seems to have gotten to the spin/drain cycle and stopped, with the lid lock light blinking. Now, with the drum empty, every time the motor starts to turn, I hear the motor kick on, and the drum make a few revolutions but before it comes up to speed the motor kicks off, and the lid lock light flashes until I restart the machine by clearing out the cycle then unplugging it. once or twice it started to spin fast in the soon cycle, but it doesn't last long before it trips off and coasts to a stop, same red flashing light of death. what do you guys think? I would really like some clean clothes here soon.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 mokanic

mokanic

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 12:09 AM

sorry, I should have also said that I have rechecked the belt, all is well with that. I have also unplugged and plugged in all the connectors under the washer as well as checking the ones behind the to control panel, I didn't find anything abnormal.

#3 fairbank56

fairbank56

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,015 posts

Posted 10 November 2013 - 08:04 AM

Classic symptoms of a failed shift actuator but I would retrieve the tech sheet from inside the front panel and go into service mode to check for fault codes and perform some tests to confirm. You should also remove the pulley again and put some Loctite blue 242 threadlocker on the threads of the agitator shaft or that nut will loosen again.

http://www.repaircli...0006355/1719787

Eric

Edited by fairbank56, 10 November 2013 - 08:07 AM.

#4 mokanic

mokanic

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:03 AM

yup, right on the money fairbank, works great now, and I put some lock tight on that but this time. thanks for the link too that was super helpful.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics