Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

• Announcements

• Samurai Appliance Repair Man

***READ THIS PRIOR TO STARTING A NEW TOPIC***   05/02/2016

Topics with the complete and accurate model number in the topic title will get priority attention. You can validate your model number by entering into the form on this page: http://www.repairclinic.com/?clearLs=true For more help on using Appliantology effectively, please see this page:  
mokanic

whirlpool washer is not spinning.

4 posts in this topic

I have a whirlpool top load washer, wtw4800xq1. it's round about 3 years old. it experienced a wratcheting/clicking noise, then stopped spinning. after looking underneath I saw the belt off the larger of the two pullys. it seemed pretty wrecked, so I ordered a new pully wheel, and reinstalled it, put the belt back on, and ran a cycle. As fast as I can tell everything worked. after loading a second load it seems to have gotten to the spin/drain cycle and stopped, with the lid lock light blinking. Now, with the drum empty, every time the motor starts to turn, I hear the motor kick on, and the drum make a few revolutions but before it comes up to speed the motor kicks off, and the lid lock light flashes until I restart the machine by clearing out the cycle then unplugging it. once or twice it started to spin fast in the soon cycle, but it doesn't last long before it trips off and coasts to a stop, same red flashing light of death. what do you guys think? I would really like some clean clothes here soon.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

sorry, I should have also said that I have rechecked the belt, all is well with that. I have also unplugged and plugged in all the connectors under the washer as well as checking the ones behind the to control panel, I didn't find anything abnormal.

Classic symptoms of a failed shift actuator but I would retrieve the tech sheet from inside the front panel and go into service mode to check for fault codes and perform some tests to confirm. You should also remove the pulley again and put some Loctite blue 242 threadlocker on the threads of the agitator shaft or that nut will loosen again.

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Shift-Actuator/W10006355/1719787

Eric

Edited by fairbank56

yup, right on the money fairbank, works great now, and I put some lock tight on that but this time. thanks for the link too that was super helpful.