Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

LG Dryer DLG2102W

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 nbapeman

nbapeman

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:jumbo top-shelf margarita/sailor jerry & coke and ultimately Ten Cane on cubes

Posted 12 November 2013 - 09:53 PM

This dryer has had a new gas valve, complete with new solenoids and a new electronic control installed.  The unit will ignite and burn for about 30 seconds completely stripped.  (Tub and front out and off)  With tub back in and front tub support in, it still works for about 30 seconds.  Once the front cover is on, The igniter comes on, it goes out just like it is going to work but the gas valves don't open if the front is on.  This thing is driving me to drink more than usual. Hopefully someone has seen this craziness before. ( Prior to new valve and board, the unit would ignite once and then just keep cycling like it was going to ignite, igniter comes on, then goes out but never a gas release except the first time.)

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,516 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Citrus Mistress

Posted 13 November 2013 - 01:28 AM

Could be the flame sensor.

Dryer flame sensor
Manufacturer Number 6501EL3001A
Haven't seen an lg gas dryer yet. ( not much gas in my area) but it looks like you have changed most the other parts that could cause this.

#3 nbapeman

nbapeman

Samanera

• Professional Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:jumbo top-shelf margarita/sailor jerry & coke and ultimately Ten Cane on cubes

Posted 03 December 2013 - 08:50 PM

Why would putting the front on affect the flame sensor?  It opens each time the igniter comes on.  It's true I have not replaced it.  I've got $250 of my money in it now. This is the first appliance I have ever failed to fix.

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,689 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 03 December 2013 - 09:10 PM

Is the vent clear going outside?  Did you check the thermostats?

Scott Wolf

#5 -Mike-

-Mike-

Kohai

• Master Appliantologist
  • PipPipPip
  • 338 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:diet Pepsi

Posted 03 December 2013 - 10:32 PM

Thats a strange one. It has the symptoms of a bad gas valve coil  but since thats all new...I don't know. I wouldn't suspect the flame sensor to be a problem  if the ignitor is cycling on and off. I also wouldn't suspect the thermostats or thermistor either if the ignitor is heating since it wouldn't be doing that if one of those parts were bad. I think I would try a new set of coils on the valve and see what happens. If that doesn't work check the control to be sure its not cutting power to the valve  just after the ignitor is heating up.

#6 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,652 posts

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:12 AM

I'm pretty sure the only way to replace the coils on an LG gas dryer is to replace the complete valve which comes with new coils which has already been done, so unless the new valve is bad there must be some other problem.

Sounds to me like there is a gas supply problem, do you have any other gas appliances in the house and if so, do they all seem to be working OK?  

Gas supply line not twisted and pulled tight causing it to crimp off so able to light the first time then not enough pressure to keep it burning?  I had an earthquake shut-off valve to the house tripped and with a whirlpool dryer it would light up and the flame would just poof out almost looking normal then in only 1 second or less disappear and then not light again until you let it set for a couple minutes and the pressure would build-up again for another try.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

#7 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,709 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 04 December 2013 - 08:30 AM

Here's the proper operation sequence for the gas valve assembly:

gallery_4_8_252902.png

#8 heappliances

heappliances

Samanera

• Chief Appliantologist
  • Pip
  • 13 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:coffe

Posted 07 December 2013 - 01:23 AM

Hi Guys! Is this issue resolved? What is the issue and fix?
We have exactly same issue. We already replaced 2 gas valves thinking 1st was defective. Same symptoms. Ignighter light up and cuts off after 15 - 20 sec. But not lighting gas. We checked everything else and all other parts seems to be ok.
Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics