Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn how to troubleshoot like a Master Samurai Tech...

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
powaking

Electrolux front loader banging the drums (all day)

10 posts in this topic

I have a front loader Electrolux (SN: XC40807716, MN: GSTR1670AS0) which has started to cause a loud thumping/banging noise during the spin cycle.  I have replaced the springs and shock absorbers a few months back when one of the springs let go crushing the 2 absorbers with it. I have recorded the thumping sound for your audio pleasure and was hoping to know if this is even worth repairing.

Drum Noise

http://ppl.ug/C74aXW5e0jQ/

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I cant listen to the audio ob my mobile device but it soubds like you may have a broken drum support. This is inside the plastic outer tub. You would have to split the tub to check it. Or someone that can listen to the audio can check. Also check to make sure the rear drum pulley is tight.

try lifting your drum up if  it moves your spyder is broken on back of drum.

I will have to take it apart to confirm, I have been priced $335 for the inner tub (Manufacturer Number 131618500).  Need to decide if its worth it at this point.

Meant to reply to this message earlier.  Took the drum out and sure enough the spider was the culprit. It was really corroded with one of the spider arms clearly broken.  I couldn't even take the spindle out. So for $750 I picked up a Samsung front loader. I should not have to hear about any problems with the washing machine for a long time.

Pictures would be awesome!  

Here is a photo of the drum when it was removed.

1451946_10152020801624444_1408134989_n.j

Very dramatic failure!  Muy domos for posting the pic!  

Wow.

Make sure you only use HE detergent in your new washer and make sure you stay away from liquid fabric softener and use hot water and bleach once in a while and leave the door open after you are done washing or this same thing will happen to your new washer.