Learn appliance repair at the Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

Parts Search
Site Search

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

To get started, click here.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Kenmore dryer / long drying cycle

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#1 Northern-Tech

Northern-Tech

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 02:30 PM

Its been awhile since I have done any appliance repair, so Im checking for any pointers here. :woot: Customer said their Kenmore dryer c 1108476291     is taking too long to dry. Vent is clear.

Im thinking cycling thermostat,(  providing both elements are working fine. )  How do the moisture sensing strips come into play??  Couldn't find manual on the site either.....probably me rusty again....

As mentioned, I have been focusing on electrical for quite a few years, so im not as proficient  as techs that do this daily.              Thanks in advance!! :thanks:

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:06 PM

I can't find a wiring diagram for that Canadian model

unless you have one you could scan & upload somewhere

Usually long drying times indicate a Vent problem

OR would need to know what temperature cycles of the air at the Dryer Vent

Usually about 135F to 160F with an empty load

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#3 Applianceman97

Applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 2,087 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 14 November 2013 - 03:23 PM

Can't find this model number. Both elements???

Just-in TIme Logo.jpg

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#4 fairbank56

fairbank56

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:09 PM

Should be 11 numbers in that model number?

#5 Northern-Tech

Northern-Tech

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 04:43 PM

Should be 11 numbers in that model number?

Im having customer verify the model # for me.  Thx!!

#6 Northern-Tech

Northern-Tech

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 06:34 PM

Well, that's the model #. Hmmmmm? Well, will check elements, find print in console...( hopefully ), see how moisture sensors tie into circuit, and go from there.   

#7 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:38 PM

Well, that's the model #. Hmmmmm? Well, will check elements, find print in console...( hopefully ), see how moisture sensors tie into circuit, and go from there.   

Does the customer get the same results when using in timed dry as automatic cycles?  If so, the moisture sensors, wouldn't be in play here.  

Any play in the blower wheel, i.e. stripped out)?  Door seals, sealing well?  What do(es) the heater(s) ohm out to?  Any lint built up in the vent screen area?  When you open the dryer up, how much lint build up do you find?

I can't find a wiring diagram for that Canadian model

unless you have one you could scan & upload somewhere

Usually long drying times indicate a Vent problem

OR would need to know what temperature cycles of the air at the Dryer Vent

Usually about 135F to 160F with an empty load

Also, the vent hose from the dryer to the wall.  How long is the dryer vent run?  How many 90* turns are there?  Vents should be 4 inch smooth walled, no longer than 25 feet subtract 5 feet for every 90 degree turn.

Edited by micabay, 14 November 2013 - 07:39 PM.

#8 MicaBay

MicaBay

Master Roaster

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 831 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:46 PM

Is the Lint filter on top of the cabinet or inside of the door?  Or better yet, a good picture of the inside/outside of the machine may help determine a similar model#

Edited by micabay, 14 November 2013 - 07:47 PM.

#9 Northern-Tech

Northern-Tech

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 12:20 AM

Does the customer get the same results when using in timed dry as automatic cycles?  If so, the moisture sensors, wouldn't be in play here.  

Any play in the blower wheel, i.e. stripped out)?  Door seals, sealing well?  What do(es) the heater(s) ohm out to?  Any lint built up in the vent screen area?  When you open the dryer up, how much lint build up do you find?

Also, the vent hose from the dryer to the wall.  How long is the dryer vent run?  How many 90* turns are there?  Vents should be 4 inch smooth walled, no longer than 25 feet subtract 5 feet for every 90 degree turn.

Took a quick look when we were there, wiring a stove receptacle for him. Ducting is one 90 degree bend up, about 7 feet, then another 90 bend out the exhaust. I think ducting was ribbed. Elements were drawing 22 /23 amps. Lint screen was clear. Will further investigate in timed dry cycles and door seals.  :thanks:

#10 Northern-Tech

Northern-Tech

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:37 PM

Is the Lint filter on top of the cabinet or inside of the door?  Or better yet, a good picture of the inside/outside of the machine may help determine a similar model#

Lint filter is on top.  Havent been back over there yet, customer is not in a big rush. Weather is not the best up here now. Was watching shingles flying off the building outside last night. Wicked wind!!

#11 certified tech group 51

certified tech group 51

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:01 AM

On your model number.............you have  M#  110.8476291......I could not find any thing................BUT If you change the 8 to a 6.....M # 110.6476291 , Does that one fit your model??????..........The first 5 numbers after the dot is the Sears stock number, most of the dryer stock numbers  that I found start with a 6.................Plus a smudged 6 could pass for an 8............

#12 Northern-Tech

Northern-Tech

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 10:24 PM

On your model number.............you have  M#  110.8476291......I could not find any thing................BUT If you change the 8 to a 6.....M # 110.6476291 , Does that one fit your model??????..........The first 5 numbers after the dot is the Sears stock number, most of the dryer stock numbers  that I found start with a 6.................Plus a smudged 6 could pass for an 8............

Hmmm, possibly. Im heading there tomorrow. Shall check this out....thx.

#13 Northern-Tech

Northern-Tech

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:39 PM

I have some pics of the machine....but trying to figure out how to put on reply here........grrrrrr :confused:

#14 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 20 November 2013 - 09:51 PM

OR upload pictures to some photo sharing site

then post link here

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#15 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,841 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 22 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

I have some pics of the machine....but trying to figure out how to put on reply here........grrrrrr :confused:

Click the "More Reply Options" button below the reply box.  You'll see additional options for attaching photos and much, much more!  

#16 Northern-Tech

Northern-Tech

Yamabushi

• Appliantologist
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 10:07 PM

Attached File  IMG_0025 (800x600) (640x480).jpg   131.07KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0026 (640x480).jpg   151.48KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0026 (640x480).jpg   151.48KB   0 downloadsAttached File  IMG_0027 (640x480) (640x480).jpg   167.49KB   0 downloads

thanks for the tips on how to download pics. Photobucket was not the friendliest to use......

Here are 3 pics of the dryer, including the questionable model #.

Click the "More Reply Options" button below the reply box.  You'll see additional options for attaching photos and much, much more!  

thanks again!!

#17 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,888 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 09:22 AM

It's a Canada model, makes it harder to find info.

Here's the Sears Parts Direct website for Canada, it looks like you would input model number as: 110C8476291

http://www.searspart...rts/Dryer-Parts

I don't know if the above will work or not, my computer really has problems with Sear Parts Direct websites.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | Master Samurai Tech

Real Time Analytics