Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
Scottthewolf

Frigidaire Dishwasher Model # FGHD2465NF1A

6 posts in this topic

Frigidaire Dishwasher Model# FGHD2465NF1A  Serial # TH24549652.

I need to replace the bottom tub deflector gasket, part # 154759101.  Since it came out of the customer's dishwasher because the door hinges are sagging, I have no clue how it is supposed to be installed and where it goes.  Any help would be appreciated. 

Also, if you have installed one of these gaskets before, did you remove the complete door assembly to install it?

http://www.repairclinic.com/PartDetail/Dishwasher-Door-Gasket/154759101/1512448

Since I have to replace the door hinges anyway, should I try to install it with the door removed?

Edited by Scottthewolf

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Thanks. looks way too easy.  Replacing the door hinges is going to be a pain.  Brand new house and the installer who installed the dishwasher used copper tubing instead of a braided stainless steel connector.  I HATE when they do that.

Door hinges are worn from the customer's dog walking on the door when the dishwasher is opened to lick the food off the dirty dishes.

Edited by Scottthewolf

Is the dog still alive? I assume that's a pretty spendy fix. Homeowner not happy I bet.

I replaced both the door hinges and the bottom door gasket deflector under warranty.  Customer is so easy going because he is a butcher in a supermarket and used to dealing with the public.   The dog is a black lab who thinks he's human, he sits on the couch like a human and waits for somebody to turn on the TV so he can watch it.

... he sits on the couch like a human and waits for somebody to turn on the TV so he can watch it.

OR waits for someone to get the remote for him :thumbsup:

Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0