Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Frigidaire Top Load Washer No Spin

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Great Lakes Conway's Irish Ale

Posted 14 November 2013 - 07:43 PM

I am having a problem with my washer- Frigidaire Gallery model no. GLWS1339ES0 (I hope that is correct, some numbers were scratched pretty good). It will not spin at all. All other cycles are working properly- it agitates and drains fine, but when it reaches the spin cycle it does nothing and I can smell an odor of something burning. What could this be and what can be done to repair it? Thanks anyone who can lend their expertise. 

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,693 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Fresh Squeezed IPA

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:10 PM

Could be a bad belt. Remove the screws in the front panel of the washer. ( near the bottom ) visually inspect the belt for a partly broken section. See the overall condition of the belt. This is where you start. Could be a few other things.

Kicks major Samsung booty first, asks diagnostic questions later.

http://www.justintimeappliance.com

#3 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:23 PM

I have already removed the front panel, and took all the hoses off the pump to make sure they were clear and inspected the belt. It looked like new and had no bad spots. I ran the washer through a cycle, and it runs fine until the spin cycle. I was originally thinking the belt as well, because of the burning smell which I assumed was from friction involving the belt. The smell is only during the spin cycle.

#4 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:27 PM

Is the motor turning the spin cycle?

#5 GoIrish17

GoIrish17

Unsui

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 14 November 2013 - 09:28 PM

No, there is absolutely nothing during the spin cycle other than the odor.

#6 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Grand Master Funk
  • 1,693 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 03:00 AM

Will the transmission pulley turn freely? Remove belt and turn the pulley both directions.

#7 Budget Appliance Repair

Budget Appliance Repair

Sensei

• Appliantology Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,720 posts

Posted 15 November 2013 - 08:39 AM

Check the lid switch/lock assembly, it has a switch mounted to the side that is only used to make it not run in agitate with the lid open.  The other part of the switch is for spin which also locks the lid while in spin, if the lock bi-metal inside the switch assembly fails it can cause only one winding to energize in the motor and the windings overheating is most likely the smell.

William Burk (Willie)
Willie's Budget Appliance Repair
Eureka, CA 95501

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics