Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

The days of Monkey Boy Service Calls are over...

Click here to check out our fun short course and learn how to get the most out of Appliantology.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
helpme12

Need help "Whirlpool"

31 posts in this topic

Good find!!! Glad you found the problem!

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Wow.......I feel about 1" tall right now "Curjones". It was right where you said it was sealed in a clear zipper bag. The whole time I was thinking it was in behind the main controls. I even looked around in there and just did not see it. Thanks though. Will have it for future fixes.

Must be this Busch beer. :wink:

If you read my post, my friend I struggled at first with getting the lid top opened, lol, I could see the tech sheet inside but had to squeeze my hand in there to get it out..

I'm learning too here.  I come up with questions as I think.

The capacitor blew, in the old style motor the capacitor was dropped out of the circuit by a motor switch, capacitor only used to start the motor.

Need to research how the capacitor is dropped out of circuit, if its not dropped out, it will heat up capacitor and even the motor, it will cause the motor to fail.

There are capacitors that are run/start capicitors, they stay in the circuit.  I'm not looking at the print, just passing through the site today for a moment.

If the control board now has some solid state circuit on it that drops out the capacitor,  you have found the result, not the cause.  In troubleshooting we usally find the result, and bang our heads looking for the exact cause.

While you wait.  do a motor check, and a mode shifter check.

Maybe someone knows how the capacitor is now dropped out of start circuit.

Just change the capacitor and call it good. This is actually a common problem. I wouldn't worry about the motor test. Not sure why it blows but all the ones I have changed, the motor has been fine and all other components are good as well.

Sry guys, I've been busy. The new capacitor worked like a champ. THANKS!

Thanks for letting us know! Great job!!!