Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Amana AGR6011VDW3 Oven Seal

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 johnnywyoming

johnnywyoming

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 02:38 PM

Turned on the oven yesterday and after a few minutes it began to smoke like crazy. Opened it up today and I believe that the end of the oven seal came out of its hole and either hit the baking burner or simply touched the surface. There are burn marks going from where the seal came out to just below the front end of the burner. There are also numerous what I would call carbonized "pellets", which I belive are the result of the burning seal. Pretty sure I just need a new seal... can anyone confirm or...... ??

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Master Samurai Tech
  • 29,152 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 18 November 2013 - 04:53 PM

Can you upload a photo of the damage?  Use an online image host like Picassa or Photobucket and then post the link here. 

#3 johnnywyoming

johnnywyoming

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 10 posts

Posted 19 November 2013 - 09:34 AM

No, the mess is cleaned up already. Answered my own question tho. I trimmed the seal and put it back in the anchor hole. Put the covers back in place and everything works fine. I figure the seal was not trimmed short enough at ther factory and over time of opening and closing the door it worked itself out and made contact with the burner.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics