Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Learn appliance repair at online the Master Samurai Tech Academy.  Learn more.  Earn more.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

johnnywyoming

Amana AGR6011VDW3 Oven Seal

3 posts in this topic

Turned on the oven yesterday and after a few minutes it began to smoke like crazy. Opened it up today and I believe that the end of the oven seal came out of its hole and either hit the baking burner or simply touched the surface. There are burn marks going from where the seal came out to just below the front end of the burner. There are also numerous what I would call carbonized "pellets", which I belive are the result of the burning seal. Pretty sure I just need a new seal... can anyone confirm or...... ??

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

Can you upload a photo of the damage?  Use an online image host like Picassa or Photobucket and then post the link here. 

No, the mess is cleaned up already. Answered my own question tho. I trimmed the seal and put it back in the anchor hole. Put the covers back in place and everything works fine. I figure the seal was not trimmed short enough at ther factory and over time of opening and closing the door it worked itself out and made contact with the burner.