Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

HELP! Frigidaire Range dual small burner will NOT go off

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 jroptop

jroptop

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:14 PM

Hi Forum,I have a Frigidaire Proffessional series range model# PLEF398CCB and the front right dual burner small element will not turnoff!I unplugged the power and plugged it back in and that didn't reset anything.I then took the top back panel off to get to the control knob switch and I switched it with the front left control switch to see if the switch was bad,but the same thing,the small element on the dual burner remained on with the knob off.Iknow there is a safety recall onthis model but wont be able to contact Frigidaire until Monday.Is there anything else I can check?I also took the glass top ff to access the dual burner element and nothing appeared to be burned or separated elements.Any help is appreciated?Im fearing it may be one of the control boards.PLEASE HELP! Thanks in advance!

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

You will need the following parts:

http://www.repaircli...9601KIT/1550697

http://www.repaircli...9600KIT/1553803

AND  2 of these:

http://www.repaircli...16239500/891941

In my honest opinion your money is better spent replacing this repair prone overengineered range with an open coil surface unit range.  I never in a million years would want a smoothtop electric range that has electronic controls for the smoothtop surface units, that's just asking for trouble.

Scott Wolf

#3 RegUS_PatOff

RegUS_PatOff

Sensei

• Academy Instructor
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,588 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Chief NTSC Black & White

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:28 PM

... I switched it with the front left control switch to see if the switch was bad,but the same thing

sounds like a "stuck" Relay
part of the Surface Unit Relay Control Board
http://www.repaircli...?R=154&N=155380
Relay-Board-316239403KITK--00695021.jpg

to be sure, unplug P11 and P12 of the Relay Control Board to see if the Burner is still ON

one of my video productions: “Easter Seals: Walk With Me”

every day is Down Syndrome Awareness Day
"A Child Is Waiting" . Burt Lancaster . Judy Garland . 1962

RegUS_PatOff > www.youtube.com/watch?v=oPAY2LsKVEw

#4 Scottthewolf

Scottthewolf

Senpai

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,500 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dunkin Donuts Coffee

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:34 PM

Not worth the aggrevation on these ranges. Frigidaire has a recall out on these ranges and they keep sending out the wrong parts that don't fix the problem.

Scott Wolf

#5 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dechutes brewing co. Red Chair

Posted 16 November 2013 - 05:37 PM

Have had a few problems with these ranges. But not all that much.

#6 jroptop

jroptop

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 06:20 PM

I will be sure to tell my wife "I told you so"! Shes the one who wanted the flat top and told her that its too complicated with electronics..but nooooooooo she HAD to have it.Funny you mention a dtuck relay, I got it to work again for about 3 minutes and heard the relay clicking back n forth when I would change the temp dial.Now its back to not working.Is that relay board on the bottom back side of the range?

#7 jroptop

jroptop

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 16 November 2013 - 07:05 PM

UPDATE..I unplugged terminal 11 and 12 on that circuit board and the burner still remained on.I tapped on the 2 relays and it seems to be working.I tried both small and large burner operations and hear the relays clicking.I imagine that board needs to be replaced? If so,anyone have a part number that I can give my wife to purchase so I can tell her "I told you so" AGAIN!:)

#8 applianceman97

applianceman97

Baby Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,146 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Dechutes brewing co. Red Chair

Posted 16 November 2013 - 09:45 PM

I have taken boards with a bad relays to a computer/electronic repair shop and in most cases they can get the parts and fix it much cheaper than purchasing a new one. I usually won't recommend rebuilt parts but a sticky relay is no big deal. Had a board rebuilt before for $50.

#9 jroptop

jroptop

Samanera

• Grasshoppah
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:00 AM

Thanks for the info and troubleshooting tips guys.I have repaired a few automotive control boards in my time,perhaps I can get a part number off of the relays and solder them in myself.Thanks again for all your help!I STILL will be contacting Frigidaire on Monday about the recall and see what they will do for me or send me parts,I wonder if that control board is part of the recall?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics