Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Maytag washer mhw6000xg2

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Coke

Posted 17 November 2013 - 08:46 AM

Not filling any setting but the valve does operate in diagnostic mode. Got an f6e2 communication from ui to ccu error I got continuity on the wires, I ruled out user interface and I have my ccu voltages where I should. The door is locking. When I select any cycle and hit start the door locks and then you get some clicking in the ccu as power is turned on and off to the valves and the it just sits there till it times out and the door unlocks.

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#2 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 02:55 PM

I did check the muc wiring but I did not chech the fuse on the board. If that board or fuse are bad would it error on the diagnostic test? I saw it tumbling but I didnt see it spinning at full speed but I was reading the tech manual while running diagnostics. Any help

#3 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 17 November 2013 - 03:29 PM

This is a disruption in the data flow between the UI and the CCU.  This is the exact same type of problem as the F11 error code in the old Duets-- communications problem between the CCU and MCU.  

The harness itself can (and usually does) check good.  That's not usually the problem.  The problem is at the harness connection points where the molex connector on the harness connects to the boards at either end.  The tines can become loose or the pads on the board may become oxidized.  Here's a technique that I've used with great success in these types of problems.  This video shows the repair for the F11 on a Duet but the same idea applies to your situation with your washer:  

#4 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 17 November 2013 - 06:17 PM

Thanks I'll let you know how it goes.

#5 johntech

johntech

Wigwagin Dragon

• Grasshoppah
  • PipPipPip
  • 107 posts

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:10 PM

Thanks everybody it turned out to be a bad mcu board. It seemed to test ok but I just had to check it at the right time to catch it losing voltage and failing.

#6 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,810 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 10 January 2014 - 03:12 PM

Nice work!  Thanks for letting us know.  

For future readers, here's the part link to the MCU:  http://www.repaircli...0374126/1878957

Comes with a 365-day, no-hassle Return Policy:  http://www.repaircli...r/Return-Policy

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics