Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now or use the parts search box:

Parts Search

Isn’t it time to know what you don’t know?

Click here to check out our structured, online appliance repair training courses for rookies and experienced techs.

FAQs | Repair Videos | Academy | Newsletter | Podcast | Contact

Stay connected with us...

Samurai on Facebook - become a fan today! Sign up for our free newsletter and keep up with all things Appliantology. Subscribe to our YouTube channel for lots of appliance repair tips and help! Follow the Samurai on Twitter and get timely morsels of Appliantological Wisdom! Subscribe to our MST Radio podcast to learn secrets of the trade.
johntech

Maytag washer mhw6000xg2

6 posts in this topic

Not filling any setting but the valve does operate in diagnostic mode. Got an f6e2 communication from ui to ccu error I got continuity on the wires, I ruled out user interface and I have my ccu voltages where I should. The door is locking. When I select any cycle and hit start the door locks and then you get some clicking in the ccu as power is turned on and off to the valves and the it just sits there till it times out and the door unlocks.

Need appliance parts? Call 877-803-7957 now!

I did check the muc wiring but I did not chech the fuse on the board. If that board or fuse are bad would it error on the diagnostic test? I saw it tumbling but I didnt see it spinning at full speed but I was reading the tech manual while running diagnostics. Any help

This is a disruption in the data flow between the UI and the CCU.  This is the exact same type of problem as the F11 error code in the old Duets-- communications problem between the CCU and MCU.  

The harness itself can (and usually does) check good.  That's not usually the problem.  The problem is at the harness connection points where the molex connector on the harness connects to the boards at either end.  The tines can become loose or the pads on the board may become oxidized.  Here's a technique that I've used with great success in these types of problems.  This video shows the repair for the F11 on a Duet but the same idea applies to your situation with your washer:  

Thanks I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks everybody it turned out to be a bad mcu board. It seemed to test ok but I just had to check it at the right time to catch it losing voltage and failing.