Use this Search Box to Find Appliance Repair Help Now
Need help finding your model number?
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Welcome to Appliantology.org, the Web's Premiere Appliance Repair Resource for DIYers!

The world-famous Samurai Appliance Repair Forums

You can post a question and get repair help for FREE! Click here to get started.

Already a member of the Appliantology Academy? Just sign in with your username and password in the upper right-hand corner of the screen.

Photo

Samsung Refrigerator RF267ABRS/XAA

Ice maker no ice

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Samurai Appliance Repair Man

Shōgun

• Fermented Grand Master
  • 28,671 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Sapporo Original Draft Rice Lager

Posted 24 November 2013 - 07:47 PM

Huh. I have had no problem with the radio shack leads. 

Me, neither.  Used them in dozens of Samsungs, LG's, and Whirlpool VMW's.  You can't force them in; the name of the game with these leads is finesse.  If you're breaking these leads, you'll break all fine-point leads, regardless of brand.  Time to review your technique, Brother Patricio.  

Use the Appliantology Parts Search Box to Find What You Need!
Enter your model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.
365-day return policy on all parts purchased here, even electrical parts that have been installed!

#22 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 24 November 2013 - 08:16 PM

A bulldog in a china shop what ya saying?

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#23 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,366 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Bells Two Hearted

Posted 25 November 2013 - 06:45 AM

Patricio, I'm not trying to pry but we need to have a man to man talk.
What do you prefer, back probing or are you inserting from a frontal position? Size does matter, you know, but you still have to be gentle albeit for different reasons. If you have a thin small tool, you have to slide it in gently so as to not damage your tool. But if your tool is of the long and thick variety, you should be more concerned about damaging the hole. Having the proper size is certainly useful, but knowing how to use what you have is more important and will lead to making your customer not only satisfied but also ecstatic.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 25 November 2013 - 06:50 AM.

Durham Appliance Thrift & Repair, LLC

www.DurhamApplianceThrift.com

#24 Patricio

Patricio

Sensei

• Academy Fellow
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 07:20 AM

Thank you for your input Durham.  You a funny guy,  How come you ain't a standup?  I think you more of a tongue guy. :wink:

Edited by Patricio, 25 November 2013 - 07:39 AM.

I see says the blind man, leading a lame dog, while talking to a deaf person. In other words, Not liable if you choose to follow my opinion.
IgonFishn

#25 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 08:21 AM

What, did I say something humorous?? I only repeated what I learned in Se... I mean Electronic... Education class.

Edited by DurhamAppliance, 25 November 2013 - 08:25 AM.

#26 micabay

micabay

Senpai

• Sublime Master of Appliantology
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 657 posts
  • Flavorite Brew:Drifter Pale Ale

Posted 25 November 2013 - 10:21 AM

1) Sat for 30+ seconds then rack moved to 2 o'clock not passing GO then stayed parked.

2) Did not check for matched readings only some kind of continuity, did not have meter on audio was not checking for low resistance.

Forced to stop checking because radio Shack mini pin probe broke trying to insert into connector.   I need to find a better set of small probes as this is the 2nd set of RS probes to break trying to insert in connector.   Where may I obtain a couple of sturdy probes for my meter that I can use on this small pins & wires?

Thank You Scott.

Fluke TL80A Basic Test Lead Set, Silicone, 600V, 1m Oal  Tis the one I get to use.  works well for the last 11 month!

#27 DurhamAppliance

DurhamAppliance

Sho' Nuff Chozin

• Grand Master Funk
  • 4,366 posts

Posted 25 November 2013 - 01:40 PM

I also use the radioshack mini set and I use them all the time... never broke one.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

FAQs | Store | Memberships | Repair Videos | Boot Camp | Newsletter | Beer Fund | Contact

Use the Appliantology Parts Finder to Get What You Need!
Enter a model number, part number, type of appliance, brand, or even a part description.

Your Sometimes-Lucid Host:
Samurai Appliance Repair Man
"If I can't help you fix your appliance and make you 100% satisfied, I will come to your home and slice open my belly,
spilling my steaming entrails onto your floor."

The Appliance Guru | AppliancePartsResource.com | Samurai's Blog

Real Time Analytics